All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-02-2008, 07:46 AM

davyjones is on a distinguished road
another my battery suxx thread.

just sittin here chillin..
but am still troubled about the battery.

Got myselfe a pretty simple but real good sonyericsson phone, fantastic mp3 player, but main reason, alot better battery time. But still i like my symbian n95 phone, but using SE phone just for the cause that i dont trust the nokia, it can drain out in just a few few very few hours if its been on standby for a like just a day or so.
SE never let me down.

So how do you guys using your n95 as a phone feel when it almost suddenly let you down.going form like 6-7 batterydots or whatever its called, to 1-2-3 in world speed record, and then you dont wanna use it couse it will go off if its strained.
And buying a BL-6F battery seems not an option since it wont fit perfect , but it will work, but unable to close the back cover..
Will a re buy of a new battery make any difference?
i dont really remember my battery ever been nice to me, even from the beginning when i bought it. 8months..

what you think?
Ads

Old 14-02-2008, 08:17 AM

dchky is on a distinguished road
You are right, the battery is only useful for a day if used just for text messaging and no more than about 30 minutes on the phone. It may say that you still have a full battery at the end of the day, but it's misleading. At least in my experience it is, if I switch on wifi or read an e-book it dies rather quickly.

I have a small solar powered battery charger if I'm not at home, as well as a spare battery, so I don't really have too many issues aside from having to carry additional stuff around.

Old 14-02-2008, 12:15 PM

pa49 is on a distinguished road
Just to check your battery, put it on charge and leave on whenever you can for as long as you can (at least a week).
Then see how it performs.

Old 14-02-2008, 12:44 PM

Matt.C is on a distinguished road
Must admit ive not had any trouble with my battery at all.

Had the phone nearly 6 months and use it very regularly. Lost of texts most days and a few calls now and again. Use the internet and WiFi when out and about, although for no great lengh each time, but generally i have quite a 'standard' use of the phone.

My battery lasts 2 days in the most part, only occasionally do i charge it on consecutive nights.

Maybe my view of standard use is alot less than many other peoples?

Old 14-02-2008, 02:51 PM

ez2remember is on a distinguished road
Yeah, you'll probably come in the "light" use category.

Old 14-02-2008, 02:55 PM

davyjones is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa49 View Post
Just to check your battery, put it on charge and leave on whenever you can for as long as you can (at least a week).
Then see how it performs.
christ, charge my battery for a week?
for what reason and why? :P