All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-07-2003, 01:52 PM

matt69 is on a distinguished road
Phone company rip offs

Hi, i've been doing this for over a year and get results every time, I thought others should try it too. Every month i ring my provider, t.mobile, and complain about something eg. Wap unavailable, big bills, poor customer service, poor reception, ANYTHING! Every, and i mean every, month i get a minimum of 20 taken off my bill. These companies have been ripping us off for ages, they know this and are obviously prepared to give discounts for complaints. I demanded my 7650 for free last year+ got it, i broke it 6 months later and demanded another delivered to my door within 2days, it took a lot of talking but i got it, no insurance needed! Ok my bills are between 70+120 and i've had my contract 5years but i've started doing it for pals now and always get a free phone or money off their bills. Get your angry hats on and give it a try, let me know how you go on.

Old 28-07-2003, 02:15 PM

liverpool lad is on a distinguished road
nice one matt69 (or should you change your nick to Mr Angry?? )

how do you get through the call centre to someone who can take decisions?

Old 28-07-2003, 03:56 PM

Hehe, Liverpool lad, i usually say "you've been really nice but i'm going to get angry in a minute so put me through to someone who gets paid enough to take abuse" if that fails, demanding your puk number to take your number to a diff network works a treat. Top tips: 1. Make a note of any time you've had a problem with anything, or make them up. 2. Be insistent but stay polite as far as possible, they hate this. 3. Be prepared to be passed around for ages between different people. It'll be worth it. 4. Don't take no for an answer. they NEED you. Honest, i'm not usually aggro but i hate getting ripped off and seeing others get ripped off. Best of luck, t.mobiles worst nightmare! Ps maybe i should phone nokia and demand they make a memory upgrade for our 7650s!

Old 28-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

jw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT69
if that fails, demanding your puk number to take your number to a diff network works a treat.
I think you'd get more of a response from your operator by asking for a PAC code instead

Old 28-07-2003, 04:33 PM

Mister.G is on a distinguished road
I'd personally sit and laugh if you tried demanding anything from me regarding network issues, all mobile networks run on radio frequencys therefore cannot guarantee 100% service 100% of the time - still, i'm squirrelled away in tech. support at t-mobile so don't have to deal with calls like that any more!

Old 28-07-2003, 05:06 PM

Ahem, mister.g, i must say tech support have always been great! seriously though, i'm not trying to cause bother for anyone but it annoys me that they're prepared to give away anything to entice new customers but not for old customers who want to renew and get a new handset. surely, if i've had a contract for 5years and pay a minimum of 70/month, they should be just as eager to keep me and offer me goodies to do so. Well they do, they just don't advertise it. I've been benefiting from this for some time, i just thought it right to make others aware if they can be bothered. Admittedly, the complaint about reception was when a cell was faulty, still got a tenner knocked off though.

Old 28-07-2003, 05:07 PM

I know what you mean bud, it baffles everyone here believe me!! Still, there's ways round it

Old 28-07-2003, 05:21 PM

I suppose so, mister.g. It took me 2months trying to get the mailbox settings for pop3 off them, in the end it was pot luck that one day i got someone who had a 7650 and could help me. I know 8 pals with 7/3650s and no-one has managed to get theirs set up properly yet. Problems with every network, either can send email but not recieve, or can recieve but not send. Even though mine's right, i still have to send stuff by mms to them when it's cheaper by gprs email. I suppose it's teething trouble.

Old 28-07-2003, 11:54 PM

you should be careful there mate, i myself work for t-mobile and we keep logs of all our customers phone calls, not a full log just of what the main things spoke about any problems and what we gave. so if you do it too often we will eventually say no, and yes we have the right to do so

Old 29-07-2003, 06:16 AM

Guest where abouts do you work?? I can't pm you as you're not a member! Matty, it's not somethin they support bud, i've got a t-email account and managed to get the pop3 settings for that, set it up in my phone no worries, i use it to install apps on my phone dirt cheap in conjunction with 100 meg gprs bundle.

Old 29-07-2003, 01:11 PM

Mister g, i too am set up similar to you with a huge gprs bundle, i bet i pay more for it than you do! Staff tariff? i hope they look after you! Guest, admittedly, one day they might say no but until then i'll carry on making savings. It works on all networks so far, since xmas 5 pals have free 3650s on renewed contracts. I think some have got the wrong end of my stick , i'm not trying to incite riots, just think others should take advantage of offers available but not advertised. The day t.mobile have all their helpdesk staff fully trained to understand the technology is the day i stop complaining! At the mo it's pot luck whether you get someone who actually wants to help and who knows what they're talking about.

Old 29-07-2003, 02:44 PM

Yeah, i know, ashamed through i am to admit it there're people working here that aren't fit to flip burgers - still, i'm not in charge of recruitment so i just get my head down an do the best job that i can! My gprs bundle is 10 for 100 meg, they discontinued it the day after i took it out

Old 29-07-2003, 08:46 PM

Matty i agree with you they do rip up off i was never looked after as a contract customer on o2. Vodafone. Or orange they all suck pity your advice wont work whe using prepay

Old 29-07-2003, 11:10 PM

Matty i agree with you they do rip up off i was never looked after as a contract customer on o2. Vodafone. Or orange they all suck pity your advice wont work whe using prepay

Old 29-07-2003, 11:12 PM