All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 31-10-2009, 04:20 PM

rdcinhou is on a distinguished road
v20 reset and reinstall...almost done!

Well it's been a long night and morning, but I've completed my hard reset and comprehensive re-setup and reinstallation of all of my applications, data (USA maps, .pdf's, .ppt's, .xls's, .doc's), music (669 songs ~4.5 GB), bookmarks (20), feeds (8), email accounts (6 including MfE), WiFi access points (7), Bluetooth pairings (BH-905, BH-703, PC), etc. with the exception of ONE (1) lone application ..... Accuweather.

FYI...just to make you guys who have been reflashing their N97's for the last couple of days with little or no success, my N97 is running....F-A-S-T!!!

I have 44.5 MB free on my C: drive.

There are 78 applications listed in my Application Manager.

I was also able to preserve Spore, Brain Challenge 2, Guitar Rock Tour (I found the .jar's and .jad's and save a copy before the hard reset).

The reason that I can't update Accuweather is it seems that the Ovi Store is having problems (in general and especially with the Accuweather widget).

I swear with all of these programs (including OfficeSuite, QuickOffice, HandySafePro, Cellular Basic and JIProlog) it seems like my N97 weighs a good 3-4 grams more than it did before I started.

So....just to counter all of the bad vibes from the other postings here over the last few days, it *IS* possible to get your N97 loaded up and working well!

Last edited by rdcinhou; 31-10-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Old 31-10-2009, 04:39 PM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
What are the 78 apps...do tell

Old 31-10-2009, 05:09 PM

{taking a deep breath!}

Amazon, AP News, Best Screensnap, BlockGo Lite, Bloomberg, Boomshine, Brain Challenge, Bubbles, Calc Touch, Clicker Touch, Collins English Essentials, Contacts Group DS Plugin, Counter Touch, Czech, Disks Touch, Duck Hunting Calls Lite, EGi Aquarium, Energy Profiler, English (UK), Facebook, Facebook Installer, Flashlight v7_FINAL, FOTA settings, FPC Bench, FreeSigner, Fridge Magnets, Google Maps, Graph Viewer, Guitar Rock Tour, Handwriting Calculator, Handy Safe Pro, InHand, iSilo, Java 2.0_beta, JIProglog2ME, JumpyBug, LBChronometer, Level, Mail for Exchange, Media DS Plugin, Meteor, Mobipocket Reader, Musicians Swiss Army Knife, mWhack 1, N97 Compass, Nokia Handwriting Calculator, Nokia Maps, Nokia Step Counter, OfficeSuite, Opera Mini, Ovi Store Client, Paint Pad, Pendulum Touch, Photo Browser, Psiloc World Traveler, Quick Mark, Quickoffice AM, Rotary Dialer, Seisomograph, Service Controllers, Shazam, Slideshow, Soft Touch Stopwatch, Solitaire, Spanish, Spin the Bottle, SPORE, Sports Tracker, Starts with Word Search, Time Machine, Touch Card Match, Trapster, Unrar, Virtual Key, X-plore, Xpress Drums, YouTube
Ads

Old 31-10-2009, 05:50 PM

riverboat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcinhou View Post
{taking a deep breath!}

Amazon, AP News, Best Screensnap, BlockGo Lite, Bloomberg, Boomshine, Brain Challenge, Bubbles, Calc Touch, Clicker Touch, Collins English Essentials, Contacts Group DS Plugin, Counter Touch, Czech, Disks Touch, Duck Hunting Calls Lite, EGi Aquarium, Energy Profiler, English (UK), Facebook, Facebook Installer, Flashlight v7_FINAL, FOTA settings, FPC Bench, FreeSigner, Fridge Magnets, Google Maps, Graph Viewer, Guitar Rock Tour, Handwriting Calculator, Handy Safe Pro, InHand, iSilo, Java 2.0_beta, JIProglog2ME, JumpyBug, LBChronometer, Level, Mail for Exchange, Media DS Plugin, Meteor, Mobipocket Reader, Musicians Swiss Army Knife, mWhack 1, N97 Compass, Nokia Handwriting Calculator, Nokia Maps, Nokia Step Counter, OfficeSuite, Opera Mini, Ovi Store Client, Paint Pad, Pendulum Touch, Photo Browser, Psiloc World Traveler, Quick Mark, Quickoffice AM, Rotary Dialer, Seisomograph, Service Controllers, Shazam, Slideshow, Soft Touch Stopwatch, Solitaire, Spanish, Spin the Bottle, SPORE, Sports Tracker, Starts with Word Search, Time Machine, Touch Card Match, Trapster, Unrar, Virtual Key, X-plore, Xpress Drums, YouTube

strange, my reply dissapeared

Anyway, why Google AND Nokia maps?

Old 31-10-2009, 05:54 PM

Why Nokia Maps *AND* Google Maps?

Nokia Maps - I have for general navigation. I have the entire US Maps on the phone.

Google Maps - VERY, VERY USEFUL for up-to-date localized information. Turn it on and it will use the a-GPS to get a quick fix and then query for something nearby (restaurants, store, hospital, etc.).

I know that Nokia Maps has this feature, BUT I've found the information to be a bit out-of-date.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:29 AM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
Glad you got your "I've only got 4MB left after my V20 update" spur from your other thread over with..