All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-06-2008, 01:52 AM

bhvm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfox View Post
Hmmm... not sure there. My multi tasks fine all the time. no need for re-boot. but i do reboot my phone about once every 3 days anyway. Kepps it lasting longer.

However- i have just upgraded firmware on n95 from orange branded v13.0.0.4 to generic v21.0.0.x and not my n95 is running sluggish where before it was instant. so dunno, maybe strange things going on.

By the way, i found that LIFEBLOG, even if you have never used it, causes huge memory consumptio. Dunno why, but the lifeblog hiddem log (y-browser) randomly takes up huge c drive memory which cant be deleted easily (as it says always in use). However i never have ram memory leak problems.
N95? You lucky chap! N73 stands no match with N95!
Lifeblog I never use, any Ideas to Uninstall anyone?

and yes, If you have SHOZU, Even this naughty apps loads at startup and silently runs in background unknowingly!
This is not fair!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:55 PM

faiqnazir is on a distinguished road
hello i have the latest fw v4.0812.4.2.1 of n73me the problem is that every where on the net there is wrong info so kindly post your results like in this fw my total ram is 43mb maybe if i can remember it was 44 mb in last 2 previous one fw .i use xplore,SysExplorer,devicestatus and other also post your pocessor speed etc. if you use NSysInfo.v1.16. it will give you the ram reading 2mb more in that my ram is 45mb .another thing nokia says n73me processor is 220mhz but its ony 206mhz shown so it will be greatfull if you folks reply that it shows less ram

Old 10-06-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiqnazir View Post
hello i have the latest fw v4.0812.4.2.1 of n73me the problem is that every where on the net there is wrong info so kindly post your results like in this fw my total ram is 43mb maybe if i can remember it was 44 mb in last 2 previous one fw .i use xplore,SysExplorer,devicestatus and other also post your pocessor speed etc. if you use NSysInfo.v1.16. it will give you the ram reading 2mb more in that my ram is 45mb .another thing nokia says n73me processor is 220mhz but its ony 206mhz shown so it will be greatfull if you folks reply that it shows less ram
hey please post your location,phone supported languages and product code of your 73 me. Are you sure its music ed and not normal one? V4.08 does not seem to be available for my music ed in india

Old 13-06-2008, 06:39 PM

icycooldubey is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help!! Urgent!!

Hi,
my nokia n73 v4.0726.2.0.1 26-04-2007 RM-133 Nokia N73(56.01)
I am trying to update using the latest software updater 1.4.39en...
It downloads upto 64.6MB then halts and after sometime it says connection lost...is there any other way to update my firmware apart from nokia software updater?? I want to update though i am not facing any probs....please help

Old 21-07-2008, 12:53 PM

robertsveridian is on a distinguished road
I perhaps foolishly updated the firmware on my N73 to v4.0735.3.0.3 RM-133
Indeed everything on the phone runs faster now. However it is now impossible to use Bluetooth to a MacBookPro as the phone will no longer pair with a macintosh. It will par with a normal windows machine.

Since the effect took place immediately after the firmware upgrade was performed, and everything was fine before this, my assumption was that this was a Nokia issue.

Having spent a considerable time negotiating with Nokia Support who's initial stance was to just pivot to "take it up with apple".
I had to invoke an internal relationship as I work for Vodafone and asked is it Nokia's official position that they are no longer interested in supporting Macintosh users?

Here is their reply:
"Thank you for contacting Nokia Care
The software update for the N73 involved a change of BT profile. The profile was upgrade from a 1.2 to a 2.0 profile.
And yes this is a Mac problem, as Mac is aware of this and is the responsible party for developping the ISync.

The compatibility charts for ISync on the Nokia site is given by Mac, as you might have noticed the Isync download is / was even removed. The company policy of Mac is to let no tirth party develop software, and take as well full responsability for it."

The only reason iSync does not work is that the Buetooth layer will connect but not pair. Nokia blames Apple & Apple blames Nokia. If anyone from Nokia is reading this the only software change was a nokia firmware update, nothing on the Mac which was previously working fine has changed... So anyone using a Macintosh who needs bluetooth and is considering a Nokia should probably consider another handset manufacturer, because neither company is in a hurry to fix this.
MacBookPro 15" Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Old 19-08-2008, 10:10 AM

hittingray is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help!!!Latest Firmware Version for me is 3.07.04.1.0.1

HELP!!!! When I try Nokia Software Updater it says

V 3.07.04.1.0.1 is the latest!!! But I know there is now 4.0812.4.x

http://europe.nokia.com/link?cid=EDITORIAL_529019

My RM is RM-133 I'm from Australia, Does the Europe Site only refer to Phones that are in Europe and the Firmware Version also?? Any help would be great.

Even check my product code is 0540032.

Last edited by hittingray; 19-08-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Old 19-08-2008, 10:39 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
You could have a network version, or the upgrade may be available only for other regions.

Old 19-08-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj7 View Post
You could have a network version, or the upgrade may be available only for other regions.

Same problem here,
V4.08 is not available in india..Damm!

Old 19-08-2008, 09:35 PM

hittingray is on a distinguished road
I'd say thats my case, It had Optus ZOO Services installed etc when I purchased my phone. But is there NO WAY no update my Firmware?? I'll try checking with Optus if there is a way but if anyone knows one plase tell me.

Old 20-08-2008, 03:52 AM

cricfancy is on a distinguished road
Generic phone and Network phone firmware updates

Dear Forum,

As for as i know, we have type of phones Generic phones and Network (Service provided by operators)... For Generic phones, kindly check for latest availabiltiy from the respective Nokia sites nokia.co.in for India ... With the help of your product code you can check for the latest firmware available using Nokia Site (nokia software updater).... For Network phones, eventhough latest firmwares may be available for your model worldwide, it is your service provider has to decide which firmware to be given to your model...So in case of network enabled handsets, firmware availability its purely dependent on Network Opertor.... In case of Generic phone, its better you can check with respective nokia sites of your respective countries as i said earlier.... If you have installed Nokia PC Suite and if you have internet connection, whenever a firmware is available for the connected phone (Generic phone), Nokia PC Suite will pop-up a message stating that a new firwmare is available to the connected phone.... This is what i know .... Forum Correct me if i am wrong Dont be

Old 29-08-2008, 05:28 PM

texx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittingray View Post
I'd say thats my case, It had Optus ZOO Services installed etc when I purchased my phone. But is there NO WAY no update my Firmware?? I'll try checking with Optus if there is a way but if anyone knows one plase tell me.
Yes, you can update your firmware. Instructions posted earlier in this thread. You need to change your product code using NSS, backup your phone contents using Nokia PC Suite, then use Nokia Software Updater to download and install the new firmware.

Pretty painless process and easy to do. Just make sure you backup because firmware updates wipe your phone clean.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:34 AM

tigerfox is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up New Firmware Available!!

Hello,

New firmware is available for download. v4.08.12.4.2.1

This is using product code 0539239 (n73 me black).

I havent had time to check what good it does, but i doubt its much since the firnware version number is only slightly higher than the previous one i had.

Hope this helps.

Old 16-09-2008, 06:10 AM

Question V4.0812.4.2.1

Hola amigos,
I just upgraded my N73 Back edition (india) to V4.0812.4.2.1 ; Up from previous V 4.0736x.
it took 2.5 Hrs to download and 17 Mins to flash on my 2mBit connection,Dammit nokia severs.

Here is my experience-
The good-
1.Whole phone feels pleasingly faster,I do not know if thats due to firmware optimization, or merely due to Fresh Hard flash of new OS.

2. Equaliser bug is gone!

3.Low light mode pics (Night potrait mode) are better!

4.Some Stuipd TV app came along (useless in india)

The BAD

1 Autofocus lock and Sound disparity Still exists

2. Lost many installed apps like Ybrowser,Ccalc,Task spy,Rotate me!
Oh oH!! these are a pain in the A$$ to get signed from symbian and install again!!

3.The RAM still leaks a lot. It falls down to 8~9 MB after using a few apps and quitting them. The joy of 17 Mb ram on BOOT is short-lived

4..Sequence mode is still useless. It takes random number of shots and shuts down

5.Unable to use LED light as torch (Oh come on!)

6.Unable to share .sis , .jar, Ringtones and Music(Mp3 and WAV) through bluetooth!
And yes, Nokia still has the tag 'Connecting people' and 'Sharing redifined!'
Heck ! I can't even send some of my tones to my friend! Very GOOD Dear nokia ! (Pun Explicitly intednded!) SHIT! (this bug is nothing new!)

Old 16-09-2008, 06:19 AM

and yeah,
The Music Stutters and lags once the ram is low,or after using camera.
What the hell is this! It reminds me of my old Audio CD players which used to stutter with scratched CDs

Old 04-10-2008, 01:12 PM

tigerfox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
Hola amigos,
I just upgraded my N73 Back edition (india) to V4.0812.4.2.1 ; Up from previous V 4.0736x.
it took 2.5 Hrs to download and 17 Mins to flash on my 2mBit connection,Dammit nokia severs.

Here is my experience-
The good-
1.Whole phone feels pleasingly faster,I do not know if thats due to firmware optimization, or merely due to Fresh Hard flash of new OS.

2. Equaliser bug is gone!

3.Low light mode pics (Night potrait mode) are better!

4.Some Stuipd TV app came along (useless in india)

The BAD

1 Autofocus lock and Sound disparity Still exists

2. Lost many installed apps like Ybrowser,Ccalc,Task spy,Rotate me!
Oh oH!! these are a pain in the A$$ to get signed from symbian and install again!!

3.The RAM still leaks a lot. It falls down to 8~9 MB after using a few apps and quitting them. The joy of 17 Mb ram on BOOT is short-lived

4..Sequence mode is still useless. It takes random number of shots and shuts down

5.Unable to use LED light as torch (Oh come on!)

6.Unable to share .sis , .jar, Ringtones and Music(Mp3 and WAV) through bluetooth!
And yes, Nokia still has the tag 'Connecting people' and 'Sharing redifined!'
Heck ! I can't even send some of my tones to my friend! Very GOOD Dear nokia ! (Pun Explicitly intednded!) SHIT! (this bug is nothing new!)

"Some Stuipd TV app came along (useless in india)"
Thats what happens when you use a product code not meant for india.

"Lost many installed apps"
Its a fresh install !! you think you would have anything on a fresh install?? i would be more annoyed if i had a bug, and did a fresh install to get rid of the bug but the bug was still there cos nokia decided to keep user applications to save then the hassle or re-installing.
Do you ever have apps staying on computer when you re-install windows???!

"Unable to share .sis , .jar, Ringtones and Music(Mp3 and WAV) through bluetooth!"
Now as much as i dont like not being able to share, i think its pretty obvious why they do this. i mean if you want to steal something from a shop, dont complain that they make it hard by putting secutiry tags on everything!! Duh!

Next time keep it to realistic and factual information to help the users.

Thanks
Ads