All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #136  
Old 04-10-2008, 03:18 PM
bhvm bhvm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
bhvm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfox View Post
"Some Stuipd TV app came along (useless in india)"
Thats what happens when you use a product code not meant for india.


"Lost many installed apps"
Its a fresh install !! you think you would have anything on a fresh install?? i would be more annoyed if i had a bug, and did a fresh install to get rid of the bug but the bug was still there cos nokia decided to keep user applications to save then the hassle or re-installing.
Do you ever have apps staying on computer when you re-install windows???!


"Unable to share .sis , .jar, Ringtones and Music(Mp3 and WAV) through bluetooth!"
Now as much as i dont like not being able to share, i think its pretty obvious why they do this. i mean if you want to steal something from a shop, dont complain that they make it hard by putting secutiry tags on everything!! Duh!


Next time keep it to realistic and factual information to help the users.

Thanks
Hell mr Joker (oh..please that name does not go good with you)

(Thats what happens when you use a product code not meant for india.)
You Dum Dum,The product code is original indian.The TV just dose;nt work here.

(Its a fresh install !! you think you would have anything on a fresh install??)

man...there is an option to backup and restore from memory card.
Its in Tools>memory card. Now keep that in Mind.
The restore still lost some apps.

(Now as much as i dont like not being able to share)
Whats the use of BT when we can't share a damm thing?
Whats the Use of Headlights in car when you can't use it?
Whats the use of Ticket if you can't travel?

You're a complete dummy.

(Next time keep it to realistic and factual information to help the users.)

Hello Mr Crack-jack.,
Kindly read the whole thread and posts before replying,
Aquaint yourself to the facts before popluating a good thread with crap.

Hope I you stop your Idiotic acts.
Adios.

  #137  
Old 04-10-2008, 03:26 PM
bhvm bhvm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
bhvm is on a distinguished road
Angry

And yeah,
You get paid by Nokia for such Flattery?

I've posted my honest review and Changelog of Firmware,With all the positives and Negatives clearly listed.Thats to help civilians get and brief idea what to expect.

Please do not throw garbage around threads.

And if thats not enough...I am a Symbian certified Devloper.
I know all the Ins and outs of this Shit,and how nokia is wasting whole lot of potential.

  #138  
Old 12-10-2008, 05:23 PM
r4me r4me is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
r4me is on a distinguished road
N73 can't find sattelite's with BT-77 GPS receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattski View Post
Hello from a newbie!
I've been using a BT-GPS8 JENTRO gps receiver with my N&3 for a while with great success.
I upgraded the firmware on my phone yesterday:
v 4.0736.3.2.1 04-09-2007 RM-133
and now cannot connect to the gps.
TomTom keeps saying connecting, even though the phone is already successfully paired with the gps.
I've had a look through the forum and have seen a couple of suggestions about changing the model number through NSS, to then get different firmware.
I've tried this, but NSU just tells me I've got the latest firmware.
Can anyone suggest a solution? - I don't really want to fork out again for a different GPS receiver.
Is this problem likely to be addressed in Nokia's next firmware update?
Thanks for reading this, and for all yout help!
Mattski
Hi - I can't answer your question, but I'd like add to it. My N73 (RM-133 (in the UK)), firmware 4.0726.2.0.1. I've got TT Nav6 loaded on a 2Gig card, it pairs ok with either of my BT-77 receiver's. It will then install right up to showing the Blue graphic of an approximate home location (about 2 miles away). I then get in the bottom left screen box 'connecting to a GPS device....'. That's it, as said I've tried both my GPS receiver's (both receiver's work fully with my old Nokia 6600 and my Axim X51v, both running TT Nav5). Got a feeling it's a firmware issue - any help would be appreciated........Thanks

  #139  
Old 12-10-2008, 06:13 PM
r4me r4me is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
r4me is on a distinguished road
N73 can't find sattelite's with BT-77 GPS receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattski View Post
Hello from a newbie!
I've been using a BT-GPS8 JENTRO gps receiver with my N&3 for a while with great success.
I upgraded the firmware on my phone yesterday:
v 4.0736.3.2.1 04-09-2007 RM-133
and now cannot connect to the gps.
TomTom keeps saying connecting, even though the phone is already successfully paired with the gps.
I've had a look through the forum and have seen a couple of suggestions about changing the model number through NSS, to then get different firmware.
I've tried this, but NSU just tells me I've got the latest firmware.
Can anyone suggest a solution? - I don't really want to fork out again for a different GPS receiver.
Is this problem likely to be addressed in Nokia's next firmware update?
Thanks for reading this, and for all yout help!
Mattski
Hi - I can't answer your question, but I'd like add to it. My N73 (RM-133 (in the UK)), firmware 4.0726.2.0.1. I've got TT Nav6 loaded on a 2Gig card, it pairs ok with either of my BT-77 receiver's. It will then install right up to showing the Blue graphic of an approximate home location (about 2 miles away). I then get in the bottom left screen box 'connecting to a GPS device....'. That's it, as said I've tried both my GPS receiver's (both receiver's work fully with my old Nokia 6600 and my Axim X51v, both running TT Nav5). Got a feeling it's a firmware issue - any help would be appreciated........Thanks

  #140  
Old 13-10-2008, 09:59 AM
bhvm bhvm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
bhvm is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up hi

Hello all,
Maybe its an firmware bug,
The simplest solution would be to wait for next upgrade!

  #141  
Old 13-10-2008, 10:56 AM
hittingray hittingray is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5
hittingray is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtydude View Post
Well i believe RM-132 is for south America, like Brazil or something...and RM-133 is for any other places like europe, africa, asia...no? I guess it has something to do with the difference of networks between countries...
This reply is kinda 6 pages late so somebody else might've already posted it but RM-133 is Australia (I've got a N73, Optus branded and it's RM-133
Ads

  #142  
Old 13-10-2008, 12:45 PM
bhvm bhvm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
bhvm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittingray View Post
This reply is kinda 6 pages late so somebody else might've already posted it but RM-133 is Australia (I've got a N73, Optus branded and it's RM-133
I have RM-133,and its in INDIA

  #143  
Old 29-10-2008, 10:00 AM
bhvm bhvm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
bhvm is on a distinguished road
Smile

N73 Black ed (india) Fw 4.0839.42.2.1 came up.

I'll upgrade and let ya know!

  #144  
Old 29-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Alfiyanto Alfiyanto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 7
Alfiyanto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
N73 Black ed (india) Fw 4.0839.42.2.1 came up.

I'll upgrade and let ya know!
yes..let us know mate.

  #145  
Old 29-10-2008, 03:21 PM
bhvm bhvm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
bhvm is on a distinguished road
b ad!

Hey!
New firmware improves nothing!
Infact,Its a trick from nokia to Force the ever Frustrating Security measures on Symbian OS!'

Phone can't be hacked now..and installing Softw is now a herculean task!

People beware!!

  #146  
Old 30-10-2008, 02:57 AM
Alfiyanto Alfiyanto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 7
Alfiyanto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhvm View Post
Hey!
New firmware improves nothing!
Infact,Its a trick from nokia to Force the ever Frustrating Security measures on Symbian OS!'

Phone can't be hacked now..and installing Softw is now a herculean task!

People beware!!
Someone said that the hack is still working..I never gonna upgrade my firmware. Im happy with v4.0727.2.2.1 big ram no stupid tv app..

  #147  
Old 30-10-2008, 10:06 AM
bhvm bhvm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
bhvm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiyanto View Post
Someone said that the hack is still working..I never gonna upgrade my firmware. Im happy with v4.0727.2.2.1 big ram no stupid tv app..
They probably found a workaround...But I don't believe.
New Fw is not hackable as hard as you might try.

BTW, no point in upgrading...I provide NO improvements

  #148  
Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
hitu06 hitu06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2
hitu06 is on a distinguished road
Question

i read over the internet through many forums tht the new firmware ( 4.0839.42.2.1) provided 20mb ram on start up, better cam quality, better gallery, my fav no poping of the message 'memory full close some application' and also read at many place tht it ws hackable............. ?????
and ova here every review is juss opposite!

  #149  
Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 PM
bhvm bhvm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 39
bhvm is on a distinguished road
hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitu06 View Post
i read over the internet through many forums tht the new firmware ( 4.0839.42.2.1) provided 20mb ram on start up, better cam quality, better gallery, my fav no poping of the message 'memory full close some application' and also read at many place tht it ws hackable............. ?????
and ova here every review is juss opposite!
men,
NOKIA uses Different product codes for each Region (eg. India,China,Europe,Spain etc...)
keeping the FW version same, its very much possible that nokia is still discriminating among regions here.

I've heard that there are some regions where Nokia allows Turning Shutter sond off and such.

BTW,even a simple format will make your phone faster and pleasing to use.So a fresh firmware install may feel faster,even if it is'nt
So maybe...thats all i can say.

  #150  
Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 PM
jamautosound jamautosound is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5
jamautosound is on a distinguished road
Phone Handset Using New Firmware 4.0839.42.2.1

I thought I shot myself in the foot by jumping in on this latest firmware update. Soon after it was loaded my battery read half gone (it was full prior to updating). After that I could literally watch the batteries drain. Crap. Almost dead, I recharged it for a while, it drained soon after.

I figured that maybe it was a coincidence and my battery just happened to fail right after the update. So I got out my extra battery and charger and got them ready.

This morning though, after a full night charge, all is well. I've been using it all morning and it hasn't dropped below full.

Other positive things I've noticed:

I haven't recieved a memory full error when opening web pages *yet*.

The camera starts up every time I have tried it. Sometimes in the past, the camera function wouldn't start and I would have to restart the phone in order to get it going again. The camera even worked after playing a game, surfing the net and using Y-Browser, where in the past, doing just one of these functions would result in me having to restart the device.

The gallery seems like the same speed it was before.

Programs are starting faster, and tooling around internal device functions seem to be quicker.

I don't have any hacks on my phone, so no comments there.
 

Bookmarks

Tags
firmware, latest, listed, n73, versions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review of the N73 dez_borders Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 36 08-05-2007 03:20 PM
what's the latest n73 firmware fegunio Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 6 07-02-2007 02:30 PM
N73 on vodafone uk website mob453 Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 12 09-08-2006 10:59 AM
Reception Problems - Latest Firmware? mart1138 Sendo X & X2 9 13-12-2005 06:12 PM
Latest Nokia Firmware Versions (S60/S80): Proud_Iranian S60 Software 1 20-05-2005 01:57 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy