All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 05-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
How to put the full version of Reset Generation on your own blog or website

Nokia's arguably missed a trick by not promoting Reset Generation's embedding ability, which lets you put the entire full game (including multiplayer online) on your own blog or site using a tiny bit of HTML code. You can find out how to embed the game by clicking on this item's headline, and if you've already embedded the game you might want to post a link to your site in the comments thread.

Read on in the full article.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Incidentally, as noted previously, the PC version of Reset Gen only works in Windows. People with non-Windows systems will see a message telling them it's not compatible with their OS.

The game works absolutely fine in both Firefox and IE.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

reset generation

Seems to be a java applet. As such there is no (real) reason why it should not run on other OS version just fine. IF the browser supports JAVA and JAVA applets. A first glance at Reset generation gives the impression that it is one of the better games. Love princessen, a lot ;^)

Cheers,

Snoyt

Old 05-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Seems to be a java applet. As such there is no (real) reason why it should not run on other OS version just fine. IF the browser supports JAVA and JAVA applets.
It wasn't written for Java, it was written as a native application for Symbian OS, which is the N-Gage version of the game.

It may be that whatever application they use to port assets from Symbian to Java requires the use of non-Java components from Windows, hence the lack of support for other OSes.

That's just a pure guess though, I'm no expert on these matters.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

"Nokia's arguably missed a trick by not promoting Reset Generation's embedding ability"

Well that ain't really true, didn't you take note of the little "embed me" button in the lower right corner of the Windows version?

Also here's mi link: http://ijk.wz.cz/rg.htm

Old 05-08-2008, 04:37 PM
IJK_Principle

That last post was me. Forgot to fill in all the fields.

Old 05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well that ain't really true, didn't you take note of the little "embed me" button in the lower right corner of the Windows version?
That's the point I was trying to make though, it's a tiny button which does great things but Nokia hasn't promoted it. ;-)

I was going to give instructions on how to use the button in the article, but decided it was easier just to give the code itself. You're right though that people can get the code from that button, but how many people notice it?

If they advertised the embedding a bit more, maybe held competitions to find which website has the best players or something like that, the game could spread like wildfire which would do N-Gage's public image a lot of good.

Quote:
Also here's mi link: http://ijk.wz.cz/rg.htm
Yay, thanks for being the first to post a link on this thread! :-)

Old 06-08-2008, 12:50 PM

kuester2000 is on a distinguished road
I just googled to find if embedding is possible and found this thread. And a few seconds later the game is embedded in my blog:
http://www.kuester2000.de

But I cannot play it right now - not even the official version. Probably a java issue.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Kuester, thanks for the link, the game works fine in your blog.

Quote:
But I cannot play it right now - not even the official version. Probably a java issue.
Do report these problems in the official forum, the developers read them and take notice, sometimes responding directly.

If you describe the problem as exactly as possible it should help:

http://forums.arena.n-gage.com/nokia...ojectwhiterock

Old 17-02-2010, 06:20 AM

black nokia is on a distinguished road
nice game

its nareally nice game
<iframe id='widget_game' height='491' width='320' src='http://resetgeneration-site.arena.n-gage.com/game/index.jsp' scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Ads