All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-02-2003, 03:28 PM

P800 unlocked on Vodaphone?

I'm trying to decide whether to go with Orange or with Vodaphone. It seems that every Vodaphone and O2 phone with contract I've bought is essentially unlocked.... Anyone know this to be true/false?

cheers!

Old 27-02-2003, 05:05 PM

Andy_P is on a distinguished road
It's true (well certainly for Vodaphone anyway).

But - if Vodaphone decide that the P800 is part of their Voda Live service then they *will* lock it.. as they have done with the other handsets in their series.

Old 27-02-2003, 05:54 PM

Hummphh!

I've also just been told by Vodaphone Oxford Street that the launch has been delayed until March 7th! They were meant to be arriving tomorrow!

Old 27-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Administrator

J2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud ofJ2theIZZO has much to be proud of
My Vodafone P800 isn't network locked, but I did get it at the begining of Feb, so I assume it was before they started locking them. Same thing with my 7650, I got it before the 'official' release on Vodafone and it wasn't locked....guess i'm just lucky

Old 24-03-2003, 09:38 PM

Just picked up a P800 on Vodafone, and it's working happily with my Orange SIM. Two stores have confirmed that only their Live branded handsets are locked, so the P800 isn't...

HTH
Ads