All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 21-09-2004, 04:10 AM

WardXmodem is on a distinguished road
Question 6620: Syncing with Notes, (Address Book, calendar, todo) what about NOTES?

I'm trying to replace my Palm Pilot with my 6620 phone.

Plusses:

- only have to maintain one calendar - I like that, syncs nicely with Lotus Notes.

- The phone database is OK - but it doesn't transfer "the email address" from Notes to 6620?

Minuses:

- I can sync as subject says, my Notes Address book, calendar, and to-does, but the sync application greys out "Notes". To me notes are VERY important to me - I Jot down more detailed TODoes, lists of things (like train schedules, etc).

To have them in the phone - having to manually transfer them as files - seems a real chore - right now I can't even remember how I got the train schedule in it - I think I might have "beeped" it via infrared from my Palm Pilot (that I'm trying to wean myself from).

It is too bad that notes are somehow stored in some kind of single file (it seems?) so not too accessible via remote access...

- No ability to use "find" globally
- For example want to find someone at company "xyz" not look up a specific name - maybe I can't remember their name, but I know they work for "xyz". Easy on palm, impossible on 6620.

- Clipboard isn't global:
- get page (text message) with phone # for conf call they want me to attend. - highlight the phone # and cut, then create new phone entry and paste - nothing in the clipboard, didn't transfer from messaging application.

Thanks for all replies! I'm in your debt!

Ward "Xmodem & BBSs" Christensen