All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-01-2010, 08:12 PM

bwelsher is on a distinguished road
Power saver large time

Hi all, when my N86 goes into power save (i.e the screen goes black after a certain amount of time) it displays the time in large (dotted) characters. This disappears after a while though, is there a way to keep this on the screen permanently until the phone is slid open/unlocked?

Old 21-01-2010, 04:18 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Display Setting

There is a display setting . I'm not sure for N86 , but probably : Instruments > Settings > General > Personally > Display .
Set it to max. time .
On the charger , it will stay on , I believe .

Regards jApi NL

Old 22-01-2010, 10:54 AM

megapack162 is on a distinguished road
The length of time that the clock is displayed when the phone drops into power saver mode is set here:

Menu, Tools, Settings, General, Personalisation, Themes, Power Saver, Animation, Power saver duration

This can be set for any duration between 1 and 60 seconds but nothing longer I'm afraid.

Old 29-01-2010, 12:33 PM

Thanks for the response guys, shame that it can't stay on permanently as I'd like to utilise the phone as a bedside clock via it's kickstand.

Old 30-01-2010, 04:58 PM

robmeik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwelsher View Post
Thanks for the response guys, shame that it can't stay on permanently as I'd like to utilise the phone as a bedside clock via it's kickstand.
Have a look at Dr. Jukka's KeyLockClock - you will find it by googling. I am using that and it works as a bedside clock provided it is plugged in and charging. You will have to play around with the settings and have the powersaver under themes set as calendar ...

Tried it last night and it worked all through the night without the screen blanking out!

Old 30-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmeik View Post
Have a look at Dr. Jukka's KeyLockClock - you will find it by googling. I am using that and it works as a bedside clock provided it is plugged in and charging. You will have to play around with the settings and have the powersaver under themes set as calendar ...

Tried it last night and it worked all through the night without the screen blanking out!
Thanks I will give it a whirl.

Old 31-01-2010, 09:03 AM

Smile

Quote:
Thanks I will give it a whirl.
I gave the wrong information ... the powersaver under themes should be set to "date"!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmeik View Post
I gave the wrong information ... the powersaver under themes should be set to "date"!!!
Edit: was going to say that Dr. Jukkas clock also disappears from the screen after a given time, but I will mirror your settings and hopefully it should work for me!

Last edited by bwelsher; 04-02-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Edit: was going to say that Dr. Jukkas clock also disappears from the screen after a given time, but I will mirror your settings and hopefully it should work for me!
Nope, after a little while the normal nokia date powersaver screen replaces the keylockclock. can you list your exact settings within the keylockclock app please?
Ads

Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 AM

Smile

Quote:
Nope, after a little while the normal nokia date powersaver screen replaces the keylockclock. can you list your exact settings within the keylockclock app please?
OK, so I had version 0.77 and that worked with the following settings:
KeyLockClock ->Clock screen on -"on" -> Light's intensity - "100%" -> Charging lights intensity - "10%: -> Light timeout - "1" -> Lights on - "Time out + charging" -> Font, Font color and Background color "nothing changed" -> Show date - "date + day name" -> Key lock on - "on" -> Lock after (sec) - "30"

However, I upgraded to version 1.09, the latest on the website and that did NOT work!!! Back to version 0.77 and it seems to be OK!

I also have the kickstand set to open KeyLockClock under settings->General->Personalisation->Kickstand ... version 1.09 did not show up as an option, but v0.77 does!

I guess Dr. Jukka must ahve made some changes to how the program operates from version 0.77 onwards!!

Hope that helps.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:50 PM

GordonShowers is on a distinguished road
cClock works perfectly

http://home.pacific.net.sg/~welic/cClock.html

Highly recommended!

It only works in portrait orientation though, not landscape.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Cheers guys will give the prior version of Keylockclock a go and will also have a look at cClock.

Old 15-02-2010, 10:27 AM

Well having investigated Cclock I found it to be a nice app (sadly no landscape mode) with lots of options but it sent my N86's battery into a death spiral after it had been on for a few minutes. Fine if you are charging but you would have to disable it everytime you disconnected the phone. Unfortunately I couldn't find version 0.77 of Keylockclock anywhere to test. :(

Old 15-02-2010, 01:17 PM

GordonShowers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well having investigated Cclock I found it to be a nice app (sadly no landscape mode) with lots of options but it sent my N86's battery into a death spiral after it had been on for a few minutes. Fine if you are charging but you would have to disable it everytime you disconnected the phone. Unfortunately I couldn't find version 0.77 of Keylockclock anywhere to test. :(
That's strange because I run cClock permanently on my N86 with no battery problems at all. Also with my N85 before that.

I don't understand what's going on there.

FWIW here are the first page of option settings I'm using:

Display colour=White on black
Power saving mode=Yes
Backlight=No
Whole background=Yes
Moving speed=0 seconds
Always on top=No
Startup screen=General

Last edited by GordonShowers; 15-02-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Hi there, the latest version from Dr. Jukka works fine. I have upgraded from v0.77 to v1.01 and all is fine!