All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-04-2005, 11:58 AM

uhoo is on a distinguished road
Embarrasing Xperiences

I've sent an email to Sendo about this, but their support takes a while to reply so I thought I'd post this:

In Australia, the Vodafone voicemail retrieval number is 121. When I dial this on my X, it starts to dial, then automatically disconnects and dials 112 instead. I couldn't figure out why the Vodafone voicemail service was manned by operators asking if I required an ambulance or if I had a "fire" emergency, until I realised that my phone was dialling the global GSM emergency number instead. I do agree that the firmware is in pretty dire condition but still...

Has anybody experienced this? Is there a fix?

Old 12-04-2005, 12:28 PM

dolphin74 is on a distinguished road
Are you from Australia or from another country roaming in Australia. If you are roaming you should call your mailbox number in international format not the short code. If you are Australian using an Australian network SIM then this could be software or network related. First thing to do is to check your voicemail settings on the phone MENU/TOOLS/VOICEMAIL and see what mailbox number you have stored (then you can use speed dial function (button 1)). Then check which s/w version you have by dialling *#0000#

Old 12-04-2005, 07:06 PM

safrane is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin74
Are you from Australia or from another country roaming in Australia. If you are roaming you should call your mailbox number in international format not the short code. If you are Australian using an Australian network SIM then this could be software or network related. First thing to do is to check your voicemail settings on the phone MENU/TOOLS/VOICEMAIL and see what mailbox number you have stored (then you can use speed dial function (button 1)). Then check which s/w version you have by dialling *#0000#
I don't think its something about the place of calling, sometimes my X does a similar thing if I press the buttons right after I unlock the keypad, it recognizes the numbers in the wrong order for example if I dial 434 234 56 78 it recognizes like 443 234 56 78. This applies to 121-112 I think.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
If you have pressed any "options" while on a call (you know, press 1 for sales, 2 for support etc) the phone doesn't automatically cancel these when you hang up the call. This can sometimes lead to you dialing an incorrect number the next time you use the phone.
Ads

Old 14-04-2005, 11:39 AM

Hi again. Thanks for the comments, but it's weirder than that. I'm using an Australian Vodafone SIM and I always clear the screen before I dial . I've just realised that after the 121-112 thing, all numbers dialled will disconnect then redial as 112 until i restart the phone. . Checked the voicemail settings and they show as 121..

Old 14-04-2005, 01:07 PM

dolphin74 is on a distinguished road
What happens with your SIM in another phone? Does problem re-occur?

Old 14-04-2005, 02:07 PM

Masamune is on a distinguished road
Do you know anyone else who would try a Vodafone SIM in your phone or better yet, anyone else with a Sendo?

Old 14-04-2005, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin74
What happens with your SIM in another phone? Does problem re-occur?
Nope. . works fine in other phones. I don't know anyone else with a Sendo X . . I'll try my phone with another Vodafone phone SIM though . . BTW got a reply from Sendo support and they said that it's probably a software problem and it'll need to be sent in for repair! The S&H charges from here to the UK are probably more than what the phone is worth now though . . .awaiting the next firmware update . .