All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Bookatable.com added to Ovi Maps

Bookatable, a European-based restaurant booking service, has been added to Ovi Maps. As with other Ovi Maps integrations (TripAdvisor, TimeOut, Expedia, Qype), the service is available via 'More' from the main Ovi Maps menu. It gives rapid access to a mobile optimised, location aware, version of the bookatable.com service, which runs within, and is connected to, the Ovi Maps application. The aim is to offer a superior user experience to the typical restaurant-phone-around to check availability and book a table.

Read on in the full article.

Old 21-08-2010, 01:37 AM

viipottaja is on a distinguished road
I asked this before and not sure if anyone answered: does this work the other way around? I.e. say I do a search for restaurants in the Ovi Maps itself/main view, and then find a PoI. Can I see in that PoI e.g. a tab "More" where I could go and see what the "More" services have to say about it/can add to it?

Using N900 nowadays so cannot check.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Manne

Thanks for your review, new update out!

Hi!

Thanks for your review! I am one of the people involved in developing the Ovi Maps integration for Bookatable and would just like to mention that we listened to the feedback coming in after the initial release, and made a few adjustments.

Mainly we have altered the restaurant details page, to make it more clear and useful.

Image has been reduced in size (but clicking it gives a larger version) to make better use of the screen, showing some basic information next to the image.

Buttons have been added to call, email or visit the website of the restaurant, and the Book Now button is always showing its label to make sure there is no doubt what it is for.

No reviews unfortunatley (yet...).

I hope you like it, look out for more work from Bookatable on the Nokia platform.

Best,

// Manne
Ads