All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-07-2009, 09:41 AM

jon_p is on a distinguished road
poor quality YouTube videos

Hi, I am having trouble with YouTube on my I8910, the quality of the videos is awful, and make it pretty much unwatchable. I am fairly sure I have seen images of this phone with a YouTube widget, and this is supposed to be a really good phone for multi-media (they keep banging on about the "hd"), so why is it I cannot get a good video quality on YouTube? Is the hd only used on videos that you record yourself, or do I just need to adjust my settings? Or am I supposed to re-enact all my favourite shows whilst someone films me with my phone so that I can watch them in hd! Would really appreciate anyones help on this. Thanks.

Old 15-07-2009, 10:13 AM

2more is on a distinguished road
Use desktop view of the YouTube website (instead mobile one).
No help? Blame YouTube and FlashLite

Old 17-07-2009, 03:07 PM

rleader is on a distinguished road
Yes, it must be Youtube not really understanding that the client is an S60v5 handset - if youtube can serve great content to iPhone, I hope it's just a question of time they realise the i8910, or equivalent exists... I agree, the videos currently served are completely unwatchable - I just use my iPod touch 2nd gen instead, and watch nothing via 3G
Ads