All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-08-2007, 09:57 PM

mjlaris is on a distinguished road
emoze & Other Applications will be Disconnected

I am using emoze to get my work email on my E90. The application works fine, however, when I am at home, I get a message that states that all other applications will be disconnected when emoze connects to the Internet. emoze then waits for me to agree or cancel before it connects, making what should be automatic email retrieval into manual. The details of my setup are as follows: I use GPRS/EDGE to connect with emoze, that way I do not have to change the access point when I leave home. While I'm away from home, emoze connects fine, with no message about disconnecting other applications. However, when I'm at home and connected to my home wifi access point (I use Truphone at home and so am always connected to wifi while at home), I get the message about disconnecting other applications to which I have to respond before my email will be retrieved. The emoze technical support team says that this is a Symbian message and that there is nothing they can do about it but I only get this message when I'm using emoze. I use Mail for Exchange, also using GPRS/EDGE, to get my personal email and it connects fine without giving me this message. Does anyone have any ideas how to make this message go away? Thanks,

Mark
Ads