All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-11-2006, 03:25 PM

danny26 is on a distinguished road
Talking hi all.....

hey there one and all...just wanted to say hi and thanks...

have been browsing this forum for a couple of days now and its ace.... have owned an n80 for several days now after swapping it for my k800i.... can def say that the n80 is a far superior phone....after just a few hours with the k800 i was already bored, whereas the n80....hell, i'm still playing with it..lol

the post on manually re-flashing n80 branded firmware to generic was brilliant, am now runnin v42...phone is runnin ace now...only niggle i have is the battery life, but i'll no doubt go and buy the bigger capacity battery which has been released for the phone.other than that, well happy.....

so once again, keep up the good work people, look forward to chattin to y'all....

take it easy..

Danny
Ads

Old 12-11-2006, 04:58 PM

fdxd is on a distinguished road
Welcome.

Nokia battery are defiantely better than the 3rd party batteries despite being rated lower interms of mh. Use enrgy saving if possible. You get a blue flashing light but batteyr lasts ages in standby.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:20 PM

elaverick is on a distinguished road
Yeah you've probably read a few things about the N80's battery life. It's certainly not up to the standards of previous models, but if you're judicious with your use of it it should be fine.
Simple things like not leaving Bluetooth on if you're not planning on using it and remebering to charge the phone nightly.
Extensive use of the WiFi will mean that you don't quite get a full days use out of it, but in fairness many phones wouldn't survive terribly well if you spent the entire day on a phone call.

As for 3rd party batteries I'd stay away from them. I used to think that Nokia's insistance on using genuine batteries was just to ensure that they got the sales, however with recent stories of Sony Laptops bursting into flames and the like I feel a lot happier with a proper tested product rather than some cheap knock off from eBay.

Oh and welcome to the forums