All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-10-2005, 06:39 AM

Morden is on a distinguished road
N Gage File Formats and souch.

I've checked other threads and I don't think these questions were answered anywhere ealse, so here it goes.

01 - Old style picture messages are stored in *.ata file format. Is there a way to edit them on a PC? Or is there an alternative way to make a old style picture message and send it to my N Gage via Bluetooth [I own a QD]?

02 - Program icons. How can I change them? There doesn't seem to be a icon type of file. From what I can gather the icon is stored in the executable and the *.aif file is a simple link file. Is it possible to have other icons?

03 - Animated backgrounds. N Gage seems to have some problems with animated *.gif files, but that aside, can I use a animated background picture? I know that the moment you pick your background the file, no matter whether it's *.gif or *.jpg is changed to *.mtm and stored in one of the system directories. Pretty much like Windows bitmap file. So is it possible at all?

04 - With my N Gage I got five games. Can I trasfer these onto a larger [128 meg] card? When I put them into my card reader it gives me about 9 megs of files with the game ID file in the main directory. If I'd like to have all of the games or more than one of them on one card do I simply transfer the files?

05 - I've had some problems with the new version of vNES. The colors are distorted but only when I play. When I turn the menu on they somehow go back to normal. What I mean is when the game is paused and the options menu pops up in the left upper corner the colors of what's on the screen are displayed correctly. When I unpause the game they go bad. To describe it a bit, it looks like as if the RGB channels got changed. Red becomes green, blue becomes red. It's like that on all roms I've tested and they worked just fine with the previos version tested by me [I get the bad colors on vNES 1.5x and everything is fine on 1.1x].

If anyone can help me out with these questions I would really appriciate it. I got my QD just a few days ago and I still have plenty to figure out.

*** A small edit. I just found a topic about animated backgrounds and screen savers and it seems like you need a separate aplication for that. So just scratch that question and answer all the others :)

Last edited by Morden; 06-10-2005 at 07:04 AM.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:18 AM

openmindedlegs is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (NokiaN-Gage/1.0 (4.03) SymbianOS/6.1 Series60/0.9 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Hi morden!U german?Anyways welcome to ngage ownership,these phnes rock!For starters,yr smart phne uses an active matrix display of which an intrinsic characteristic is bright dots,discoloration etc,its natural since the display contains multiple switching elements to control display.U'll need jesus to perfect that,so Worry not!Change icons?Possible with installed application like launcher or personalised icon producer(if u want 1,post & ask me)motion background?Stil u'd need to instal an application(drat,i forgot d name,i'l get bac on that.)game transferal(tho i havent tested it)shd b done by an app calld instantsis bt yr mmc wil have to b in a mates phne then u tooth him the game to store on mmc.Errm,bout dotted pictures(damn,u love old school?Bet u clad air force 1s!Hehe)i dunno much bout em,am not a flinstone dude,mo like jetsons!Hehe,no offense.Hope i was helpful.On3 love.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:36 AM

Thanks for the answers and I'm from Sweden actually. As for the InstantSIS, is it possible to Bluetooth it to my PC instead of another Bluetooth phone, 'cause that might be a problem at the time.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:44 PM

Ok. I took care of the vNES problem and now it displays the colors correctly, but I still have no clue on how to edit the old fashion logos [Pixel ones].

I downloaded and installed a trial version of InstantSIS and when I run it, it displays a list of programs I have installed on my QD but no games. What I was after is backing up about three of my games from MMC cards and installing them on a 128 megs one. The InstantSIS program doesn't display my game when I insert a MMC card containing one.

Old 06-10-2005, 08:56 PM

openmindedlegs is on a distinguished road
Wirelessly posted (NokiaN-Gage/1.0 (4.03) SymbianOS/6.1 Series60/0.9 Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

Howdy!Swede,oi?Hmm,am ugandan,frm east africa.splendid t hear yr screen is all good!Christmas came early!Hehe.Bout logo's,am at a loss(s.O.s ewan,he runs the site and is like a walkn ngage manual!Re5pect.)instant sis trial version is crap,it wont transfer anythng...so much for trial version!Hunt down a crack,Bt since it doesnt read yr games,it probly wont wrk & its all i had in mind.Shame.Guess now u need a real geek,am mo ov a pimp.hehe,bt ive found an hr with google advancd search can get u some where.goodluck

Old 07-10-2005, 10:21 AM

The vNES color displaying error was actually my own fault. I installed the wrong version. There are three to choose from and it just so happend I chose the wrong one. It's all working fine now. Version 1.6 too.

So is there anyone out there who can help me out with other issues? Program icons, pixly logos and backing up my games onto one card? This is not a piracy issue. I own legal copies of the games which were included in the package when I got the phone. All I want is to take the titles and install them permanently onto the 128 megs card.

Old 16-12-2005, 08:35 AM

Jack_12 is on a distinguished road
Hi Morden, I have exactly same problem with you. Can you tell me which version you download and where to download it ?

Last edited by Jack_12; 16-12-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Ads

Old 30-07-2006, 06:26 AM

harsh1986 is on a distinguished road
hi morden ,ihav software to copy those n-gage games on 1 card as it is

hi brother i hav a software to copy those 5 n-gage games to 1 card as it is
and i hav some rare and important softwares for n-gage.my e-mail id is ;"harsh_dude86@yahoomail.com" contact me ok bye buddy may god bless u