All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #16  
Old 27-01-2010, 03:53 PM
buster buster is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 350
buster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If Apple started offering a version of the iPhone 3GS with no internal storage (or just enough to hold the OS) and with a microsd slot, and if said version was 150 cheaper than the 16GB model, yes, I'm absolutely convinced nobody would buy the 16GB anymore. Call me crazy.
I will call you crazy, because your argument makes no sense. What you are doing is comparing a fictitious phone with virtually no memory and a card slot with a phone which does exist and has 16GB of mass memory. Sorry, but I can't see what this to with a. reality and b. the Nokia X6. Or am I missing something?

  #17  
Old 28-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up 16gb is proportionate to 434Mhz Processor....

The reason behind the rationale of 16gb memory for the X6 is because that is the optimized memory capacity where the ARM 11 434Mhz processor with 128mb RAM will perform to par without too much of drop off in performance/responsiveness.

Those of you who may have bought the X6 32GB and jammed it near capacity with music/video content would observe the performance-lag when the search command is evoked. This is what I am referring to.

The higher performance Snapdragon 1Ghz processor used in the Google Nexus One and HTC HD2 would be able to handle 32GB. Besides, you would really need to be spending a lot of time carrying that much of content around in your pocket to find 16gb insufficient.

So no failures here....infact if there is anything to expect, Nokia can now release a firmware upgrade that could enable multi-touch interaction on the established Symbian interface. How is that for a potential differential between the N5800 and the X6?!

Clear Cut Chap

  #18  
Old 28-01-2010, 02:30 PM
bartmanekul bartmanekul is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,653
bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The reason behind the rationale of 16gb memory for the X6 is because that is the optimized memory capacity where the ARM 11 434Mhz processor with 128mb RAM will perform to par without too much of drop off in performance/responsiveness.
Somehow I doubt that. I'd also like to see the figures beind that theory.

32GB modules are a lot more expensive than 16. I bet it was price, rather than any attempt at making the phone quicker fueled the motivation for 16GB.

  #19  
Old 20-03-2010, 09:56 AM
richt79
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
X6 rocks

i purchased the 16gb and have found it to be great. I agree with the performance/response aspect as 16gb because this phone does nothing but respond. the capacitive is great, the browser is faster on my att 3g than it was wit n96 n95.

I too was struggling with the memory aspect but i came to the realization that i really did not need 32gb or soon there after, 48gb. I have about 5gb music which is several days worth. i have some movies i keep on for the kids and those that i download and watch. i mean how many times are you gonna watch the same movie, this really isnt your laptop.

anyway, along with 256mb or c drive memory, i believe that this phone will outperform any other nokia and im referring to os capabilities and not the 3d games it can play...

when i really stopped to think about my complaint with every other phone, i realizerd it was a matter of batter life, this phone has over 11hours on gsm and like 6-7 on 3g

Lets compare the satio to the x6. you load up a bunch of stuff and go to a friends house to watch movies on their tv, who can watch more movies? granted satio has faster proc and graphics but at the cost of usage and downtime for charging.

why do u think nokia left out 3d accelarators?

because there was not enough software and they were being used, so why have them if they just kill the battery..

think about it BATTERY...RESPONSE...WORK NOW! and not ohh look at the specs on my phone...but it takes awhile to retrieve my data!
Ads

  #20  
Old 27-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I'd just like to correct...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks111 View Post
what else you are getting besides capacitive screen

- a lots of messed up ports on the front - ugly look
- no usb charging
- same notorious UI
- blockish, no curves, cheap plasticky, tall, thick ( even fatter than moto driod that also has keyboard! what the heck is this the specialty of nokia design team)
- slow processor, slow browser
- no gestures
- no slickness
- no innovation/creation
- HEFTY PRICE TAG (no no i am not going to buy that!)

is this u r expecting from high end music phone!
-What am I getting besides a capacitive touchscreen = 5Mp Camera
-What do you mean by ports on the Front? And looks are up to peoples taste. Personally I think the X6 looks better than the 5800.
-Blockish, No Curves, Plasticky; Again you repeated by what you mean in looks. It's up to peoples taste. And "WTH" do you mean by tall?. In thickness it's slimmer than the 5800.
-The 5800 also doesn't have a physical keyboard. If you want one then get something else, no one is stopping you.
-It might have a low spec processor, but it's fast and responsive with the software it's using.
-What do you mean by no gestures?!
-No Slickness? Do you mean that Literally or Metaphorically? If you mean by looks then again it's up to peoples taste!
-Like most of the other phones there is never really any innovation unless someone is trying something new.
-For price it's $130 more than the 5800, for that you get a few and lose a few extras. Also no one is forcing you to get that phone. What is your point exactly, are you comparing it to the 5800 because that also doesn't have USB charging nor any innovation. And stop making senseless points. If you want a phone with a physical qwerty keyboard then get something else, no is forcing you to get this phone. As for the price you're exaggerating because every reasonable Nokie phones is about $450 when it's first released.
And no one ever said it was a 'High End' music phone.

  #21  
Old 27-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking leigh ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Of course, rvirga knows better than everyone else because rvirga is a genius. Or self-important troglodyte.
I believe it's the latter.

  #22  
Old 27-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Certainly someone to trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richt79 View Post
i purchased the 16gb and have found it to be great. I agree with the performance/response aspect as 16gb because this phone does nothing but respond. the capacitive is great, the browser is faster on my att 3g than it was wit n96 n95.

I too was struggling with the memory aspect but i came to the realization that i really did not need 32gb or soon there after, 48gb. I have about 5gb music which is several days worth. i have some movies i keep on for the kids and those that i download and watch. i mean how many times are you gonna watch the same movie, this really isnt your laptop.

anyway, along with 256mb or c drive memory, i believe that this phone will outperform any other nokia and im referring to os capabilities and not the 3d games it can play...

when i really stopped to think about my complaint with every other phone, i realizerd it was a matter of batter life, this phone has over 11hours on gsm and like 6-7 on 3g

Lets compare the satio to the x6. you load up a bunch of stuff and go to a friends house to watch movies on their tv, who can watch more movies? granted satio has faster proc and graphics but at the cost of usage and downtime for charging.

why do u think nokia left out 3d accelarators?

because there was not enough software and they were being used, so why have them if they just kill the battery..

think about it BATTERY...RESPONSE...WORK NOW! and not ohh look at the specs on my phone...but it takes awhile to retrieve my data!
That's absolutely true, you want a phone that response quickly and not killer specs that woudn't count to sh*t. And it's more trusting to hear it from someone who actually got the phone than someone finding facts on the internet and then just argue againts the phone with no clue in experiencing it at all.
My dad got one, and he got it thinking that 16GB is enough; great camera; smooth capacitive touchscreen; and a great looking phone in HIS point of view. I'd like to point out that "Looks" are up to people. If it doesn't look good- to you, then don't get it. And the phone responds pefectly.
Everyone must understand it's a telephone. You needn't get something that must do multitasking as much as a supercomputer. Because if you want to do that, it's better you go do it on a PC.
And the battery life is always important, longer battery life means lesser time to charge it meaning you needn't charge it every 2nd day or something.
To him it's a great phone. To me it is also. But I want something a bit over kill.... Samsung I9000 Galaxy anyone?

  #23  
Old 27-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I'd like to correct your correction................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
-

And no one ever said it was a 'High End' music phone.
Psh yeah, no one Important.

  #24  
Old 20-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Awesome

i wish nokia should announce that new symbian^3 or 4 would be supported on X6 to make good appeal for its customers

<a href="http://www.nameeval.com"> Eval Blog </a>

  #25  
Old 24-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
x6 compared with n5800

ok, it is taken from all of the anti x6 revolution group doesn't truly understand the difference between x6 and 5800.

you all people make me laugh!!! killing me till i found my self dead laughing at you!

here are the comparison:

x6
1. capacitive screen
2. 5 mpx camera with dual led flash
3. 16 gb built in memory / 300 mb phone memory (ROM)
4. scratch proof screen and made purely with glass
5. plastic design
6. symbian 2 series 9.4

nokia 5800
1. resistive screen
2. 3.15 mpx camera dual led flash
3. 81 mb phone memory (ROM) / card slot up to 32 gb
4. plastic screen / non scratch proof
5. plastic design.
6. symbian 2 series 9.4

CAPACITIVE versus RESISTIVE
You people should understand that the term itself really makes a difference. A very simple example is why don't you try to put a pressure on a bunch of tissue versus the bunch of cotton? which one is easier to press? that explains very well for the capacitive. Just to awaken your narrow minds.

5megapix versus 3.15 megapix

Do you know how much a lense cost? So are you telling me that 3.15 is better than 5 megapix? another laughing story from you guys! hahahah!

It was truly an upgrade scientifically and logically. For those people who have no experience with photography, never use this kind of statements as you are proving yourself funny.

16gb on board (built in) versus sd expandable slot

Do you people can imagine that x6 is slow, sluggish and worst than 5800 without knowing first the ROM capacity of both phones? x6 has 300mb ROM compared with your precious 5800 of 100mb ROM.

So it means though you were able to expand up to 32 GB, it will be useless as your phone will just get stack, dead and useless. You will wish to throw your phone.

Just a trivia: for every 8gb memory card there should be at least 100mb ROM to process and accomodate the datas being stored on the expanded medium. so if you were claiming that 5800 has the capacity of holding the 32 GB in a full memory state, you might be dreaming that your phone has a snap dragon processor that can hold the frequency of processing to produce great results on its GUI on how it responds.

So compared with X6 that it was built with a sense and logic, 16 gb board memory is reasonable for it to take and possible to carry on as they give allowance to the ROM memory of 100 mb.

So tell me, which is really freak and shi*t with their words being bestowed which haven't proven and makes none sense reviews? Illiterates!


Plasticky design???

Was your nokia 5800 made of steel or gold? hahahaha. Do you really know the meaning of plastic and on how it looks like? have you tried to view closely with your nokia 5800? was it made of plastic? isn't it??? HAHAHAHA!

and considering the screen guys of your nokia 5800, even your nails can scratch it over and proves that it's design was also a big failure knowing that a touch screen phone is not scratch resistant!

You know the problem with you guys! you just don't have the money to buy these phone and claiming to hold the fame by sticking on the minds of the viewer on every reviews posted on this site that it was a failure to have X6.

But the truth is, it was a big and regretful failure to follow and believe your reviews which are evidently FUNNY.

PEACE GUYS!

by the way i have nokia 5800 on my hand, nokia x6, nokia n97, HTC 2 and SATIO. I am a business owner of a celfone shop in the philippines. So I know what I am talking about.

Just a quick final statement, I am using my nokia 5800 as an alarm clock as I found it very useful on that!

Cheers!

  #26  
Old 29-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Yorch
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
It Comes with Music

In Mexico is being sold with Comes With Music, very pricey though, but considering that with my 5800 I downloaded over 2000 songs it is worth. I also like the 300mb in the phone memory I hate having 7mb free for the phone in my N97

  #27  
Old 29-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

16gb on board (built in) versus sd expandable slot

Do you people can imagine that x6 is slow, sluggish and worst than 5800 without knowing first the ROM capacity of both phones? x6 has 300mb ROM compared with your precious 5800 of 100mb ROM.

So it means though you were able to expand up to 32 GB, it will be useless as your phone will just get stack, dead and useless. You will wish to throw your phone.

Just a trivia: for every 8gb memory card there should be at least 100mb ROM to process and accomodate the datas being stored on the expanded medium. so if you were claiming that 5800 has the capacity of holding the 32 GB in a full memory state, you might be dreaming that your phone has a snap dragon processor that can hold the frequency of processing to produce great results on its GUI on how it responds.

So compared with X6 that it was built with a sense and logic, 16 gb board memory is reasonable for it to take and possible to carry on as they give allowance to the ROM memory of 100 mb
So that is why my N97 is so slow to manage my songs, why Nokia added 32gb to a phone without the needed horse power

  #28  
Old 09-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I like it

I love my X6. The free sat nav alone is worth the money. Maps for Tom Tom and Garmin cost a lot. The access to the internet is usable unlike many other models. The wifi another bonus. Why you can even make phone calls with it.

  #29  
Old 12-09-2010, 09:10 AM
comnut comnut is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 48
comnut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by viipottaja View Post
So any phone that has a music player (I don't otherwise understand why X6 is particularly music sentric knowing that it doesn't have CWM), internal mass storage but no MicroSD slot is a complete failure then?
- So I dont suppose you have tried transferring a LARGE song library by USB phone connection then??? I would normally take out the card, plug that in to my PC card reader, and leave it the whole day to transfer them, so I have full use of the phone while I am out...

Or even have many different cards...

- easy listeng music
- special disco mix
- get down rap mix
- silly love songs

etc, etc...
 

Bookmarks

Tags
16gb, announced, colours, cwm, nokia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[HOT][NEW] N80 RM-92 IE APAC PR v15.00 SW4.0632.0.38 juato4 Nokia N80 176 25-04-2007 03:19 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:47 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy