Old 12-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I was wondering how fast it's compared to the E5 and E72
i.e the latest incarnation of 600MHz s60v3fp2

Old 12-08-2010, 07:32 PM

comnut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisq View Post
My gallery on N97 has almost 200 pictures and kinetic scrolling is super fluid. In fact, it's much better than in the rest of the UI.
yes it looks lovely, etc, etc - (I am guessing it is similar to that on 5800??) no thought about whether it does it's job properly, though???
Not just to display pics, but to display a group of pics that you **want** !!!

If you are a normal horny guy, you will have some comical adult pics to laugh at with your mates!!

- you will also have some nice pics of your hols to show your mum, and some real estate pics to show a client....

The problem with the 'gallery' is that it just grabs ALL the pics, in ALL drives, and shows them all....
so the pic of your mate throwing up, will be right next to the pic of a premium property... a bit shocking for your client!!

Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 PM

krisq is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by comnut View Post
yes it looks lovely, etc, etc - (I am guessing it is similar to that on 5800??) no thought about whether it does it's job properly, though???
Not just to display pics, but to display a group of pics that you **want** !!!

If you are a normal horny guy, you will have some comical adult pics to laugh at with your mates!!

- you will also have some nice pics of your hols to show your mum, and some real estate pics to show a client....

The problem with the 'gallery' is that it just grabs ALL the pics, in ALL drives, and shows them all....
so the pic of your mate throwing up, will be right next to the pic of a premium property... a bit shocking for your client!!
No. N97/ N97 Mini/ C6/ N8 have totally different gallery than 5800/X6.
Captured pics are in 'Captured', the rest sits in 'Downloaded' or 'Albums' If you care to sort them. You can also view them by 'Month'. 5800's gallery is very basic in comparison.

Old 13-08-2010, 09:31 AM

clonmult is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My gallery on N97 has almost 200 pictures and kinetic scrolling is super fluid. In fact, it's much better than in the rest of the UI.
I just wish they'd ship the beta labs photo viewer application - looks massively better than any other part of the Symbian UI, is fluid, beautiful to use ....
Ads

Old 13-08-2010, 01:25 PM

RJB is on a distinguished road
It would be good news if Nokia have fixed the lags and stuttering when scrolling through Music lists and Gallery thumbnails; and even better if this is incorporated into updates for the existing v5 phones. But David, are you sure they are fixed - The screen shots show your music is just 435 and about 269 pictures . I guess even a hobbled N97 maxi would cope with these numbers reasonably easily.
Feel free to tell me if I am wrong & the number of files make no difference to speed of display.
RJB

Old 13-08-2010, 09:32 PM

comnut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Captured pics are in 'Captured', the rest sits in 'Downloaded' or 'Albums' If you care to sort them.
but what about the 1000's of pics you have copied from your previous phone, and have used windows to neatly organize them into various folders??? many other phones respect that file structure, while also doing a good slide show using it....

I dont fancy spending hours 'album-izing' them using a pin on a tiny screen, especially if those markers are destroyed when I use my card reader to import a few more...

Old 14-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by comnut View Post
but what about the 1000's of pics you have copied from your previous phone, and have used windows to neatly organize them into various folders??? many other phones respect that file structure, while also doing a good slide show using it....

I dont fancy spending hours 'album-izing' them using a pin on a tiny screen, especially if those markers are destroyed when I use my card reader to import a few more...
It's a shame that no matter how you organize your photos in Ovi Suite, the albums/folders will not transfer to the phone the way you organized it. You still have to manually organize it on the phone. :( ..... 5230 user

Old 19-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

would rather wait for Symbian^3

Nice phone, but I think that Symbian^3 will be worth the wait.