All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 01-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
TripAdvisor partners with Nokia, includes Ovi Maps integration

TripAdvisor and Nokia have announced a partnership that has two major elements: firstly a TripAdvisor application will be made available via the Ovi Store and secondly the TripAdvisor service will be integrated into Ovi Maps. TripAdvisor is one of the world's biggest travel website, it covers more than 1 million businesses (restaurants, hotels, attractions) in more than 70,000 cities. As well as the usual business listing information, typical of such sites, it is well know for its user generated reviews, which number in excess of 35 million. Read on for further details and screenshots.

Read on in the full article.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Question

Just wondering if anyone has heard any thing from Nokia about the maps version on the e71... Will this eventually be updated to feature the extras like qype, lonely planet, and now tripadvisor or will this remain available only on the more recent phones? Thanks.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 AM

krisq is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just wondering if anyone has heard any thing from Nokia about the maps version on the e71... Will this eventually be updated to feature the extras like qype, lonely planet, and now tripadvisor or will this remain available only on the more recent phones? Thanks.
Are you using the maps in Online mode? They should update automagically.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
The E71 and E66 are not getting the extras menu due to technical limitations.

For TripAdvisor the app may be compatible - I haven't checked though.

Rafe

Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 PM

viipottaja is on a distinguished road
As I don't have a S60 at hand now, thought to ask here: do the extras integrate "the other way around"? I.e. let's say I search for a restaurant on the Maps itself. The restaurant PoI info pops up. Does it have something like "See what our Extras have to say about this place" functionality? I would imagine that would be a great value add to Maps and in particular increase the interest of the Extras providers as it would direct traffic to their service.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:02 AM

haikus is on a distinguished road
This kind of integration is unfortunately not available yet.
But it's a great suggestion which is why I think that the Maps team will seriously consider it.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Tripadvisor on e71?

It appears that the new tripadvisor app is not compatable with the e71...anyone know if this will change in the future?