All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-01-2008, 12:40 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
I just ordered mine with an 8gb sdhc card. I went to a somewhat local computer shop last night and they wanted $109 CAD for a 6Gb sdhc card and they wanted $199 for a bluetooth keyboard that wasn't close to compact size of the I-GO one. So now I'm getting both for approx. $131 CAD....... Now I play the delivery waiting game, this is worse than waiting for santa because atleast you know he comes on Dec 25.

Thanks for the post.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:53 PM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxup View Post
Now I play the delivery waiting game, this is worse than waiting for santa because atleast you know he comes on Dec 25.
Not if he orders from bloody Amazon!
Ads

Old 23-01-2008, 01:30 AM

Well I'm glad this wasn't coming from Amazon ordering Santa! I've just received my Igo keyboard and 8gig sdhc card. I've transferred alot of movies over already so i'll be pretty "busy" tomorrow at work.

Man I love the N95.

Old 23-01-2008, 07:52 AM

Liam548 is on a distinguished road
ive got a full size logitech one for my PS3 and this works with my n95 8gb, id like the small nokia one though for my phone...

Old 23-01-2008, 11:07 AM

I saw the full size bluetooth ones at a local shop and they wanted $299 (cad) for it (that's like 200 eur approx). And they wanted $115 for a 6 gig sdhc card. I said screw that as I alread knew I could order from mymem for $135 Cad for both (including delivery) which came yesterday! WOOO.

I'm using the IGo bluetooth keyboard and it works just fine.

Old 23-01-2008, 05:42 PM

Liam548 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I saw the full size bluetooth ones at a local shop and they wanted $299 (cad) for it (that's like 200 eur approx). And they wanted $115 for a 6 gig sdhc card. I said screw that as I alread knew I could order from mymem for $135 Cad for both (including delivery) which came yesterday! WOOO.

I'm using the IGo bluetooth keyboard and it works just fine.
yeah but my PS3 one is full size you cant carry that around with you for your phone lol

Old 23-01-2008, 10:55 PM

manatwork is on a distinguished road
bros, go to ebay. you'll get card and keyboards heaps cheap

Old 23-01-2008, 11:00 PM

fiddles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by manatwork View Post
bros, go to ebay. you'll get card and keyboards heaps cheap
Yeah but some of us like to be sure that when we order sandisk we get the genuine article. I use ebay but wouldnt buy memory cards from there way too many forgeries

Old 24-01-2008, 01:50 PM

Wookie-HTID is on a distinguished road
Today i ordered a stowaway BT keyboard from mymemory.....33 in total thats inc P&P and next day delivery (im impatient like that)

I bought it for myself as a present for quitting smoking for 3 weeks!! And boy i just cant wait to get it!

Is there anything that can be said thats bad about these keyboards?

Old 24-01-2008, 03:04 PM

The only thing bad that i've encountered was the sticker they have that wraps around from the outside case to the inside of the keyboard that displays how to open and close the keyboard.

The problem being that when i went to remove it, it was stuck really well to the keyboard and it took some time to get it off.

Old 24-01-2008, 03:11 PM

So far so good then - if the sticker is the only problem im going to be very very pleased with this Thanks mate!!

Keep the problems coming peoples! From what ive read up, there arent many (if any at all) but id just like to prepare myself for anything i might have problems with

Old 24-01-2008, 03:12 PM

Read the card that tells you how to turn the "discovery" on the keyboard. Download the drivers mentioned and you'll be fine! good luck and enjoy.

Old 24-01-2008, 03:19 PM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The only thing bad that i've encountered was the sticker they have that wraps around from the outside case to the inside of the keyboard that displays how to open and close the keyboard.

The problem being that when i went to remove it, it was stuck really well to the keyboard and it took some time to get it off.
Yeah, WTF was that about? I thought it'd be one of those nice vinyl ones that peels right off but no, I had to scrape away at it for ages trying not to scratch the casing.
I guess it has to have some bad points and if that is the only one, I shouldn't really complain

Old 24-01-2008, 03:24 PM

I just left it stuck to the front of my case and only removed it from the keyboard keys. I didn't want to scratch the case either. But I do know, from experience, that alittle lighter fluid on a rag will dissolve the glue and take the sticker right off (DO NOT IGNITE THE LIGHTER FLUID - use it as a cleaner.)

I think I need a disclaimer now: DO NOT light your keyboards on fire!!! I am not responsible for any damage done to you keyboard by attempting the above method. LOL

Old 24-01-2008, 04:03 PM

lmao @ setting the lighter fluid on fire - you can imagine people burning thier hands off trying to clean the thing cant you? HAHAHA

I'll make sure i dont do that then haha Cheers!