All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 10-12-2007, 02:38 PM
g_dagostini g_dagostini is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2
g_dagostini is on a distinguished road
Faulty Acelerometer????

Hi,

I installed the Acelerinvaders game (linked on symbian-freak.com) with no problem. When i tried to start it, absolutely nothing happened.
The I installed de Nokia Movin Ball app to test the acelerometer. The ball would move only in 2 axis (X and Z).
After the installation of Nokia Movin Ball the Aceletinvaders game starts normally but the I cannot control the spaceship via the sensors.

Anyone has experienced this??? Any suggestions?

Thanks

  #2  
Old 10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
PatricOj PatricOj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 33
PatricOj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_dagostini View Post
Hi,

I installed the Acelerinvaders game (linked on symbian-freak.com) with no problem. When i tried to start it, absolutely nothing happened.
The I installed de Nokia Movin Ball app to test the acelerometer. The ball would move only in 2 axis (X and Z).
After the installation of Nokia Movin Ball the Aceletinvaders game starts normally but the I cannot control the spaceship via the sensors.

Anyone has experienced this??? Any suggestions?

Thanks
I tried the dice app (which is pretty cool) on N95 8GB, and found that the axis were inverted compared to the original N95. I told the guys about this, but have yet got no reply. Anyway, the accelerometer seemed to work quite fine otherwise.

  #3  
Old 10-12-2007, 02:52 PM
3Shirts 3Shirts is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,285
3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricOj View Post
I tried the dice app (which is pretty cool) on N95 8GB, and found that the axis were inverted compared to the original N95. I told the guys about this, but have yet got no reply. Anyway, the accelerometer seemed to work quite fine otherwise.
Dice? Linky linky, this would be awesome for Chirstmas monopoly

  #4  
Old 10-12-2007, 02:56 PM
PMitchell PMitchell is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 119
PMitchell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post
Dice? Linky linky, this would be awesome for Chirstmas monopoly
I second that, have not yet come across it. Please give a link

Thanks,
PM

  #5  
Old 10-12-2007, 03:16 PM
ut666 ut666 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 158
ut666 is on a distinguished road
u tried re-installing the plugin?

http://research.nokia.com/files/N95_...elerometer.zip

ut.

  #6  
Old 10-12-2007, 07:21 PM
PMitchell PMitchell is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 119
PMitchell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell View Post
I second that, have not yet come across it. Please give a link

Thanks,
PM
Bump
Ads

  #7  
Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
PatricOj PatricOj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 33
PatricOj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell View Post
I second that, have not yet come across it. Please give a link

Thanks,
PM
Some guys in the Oulu office produced it, I need to dig out those names from somewhere and ask

  #8  
Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 AM
bchliu bchliu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 515
bchliu is on a distinguished road
Definitely sounds like the issue with the Plugin/libraries that the accelerometer uses.
 

Bookmarks

Tags
acelerometer, faulty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Faulty SD Cards theydon Nokia N80 1 11-02-2007 02:07 PM
Orderd a Nokia 7610 - Faulty when it got here cOnTaGoUs Nokia 7610 and 6670 3 27-10-2004 08:43 PM
Faulty IMAP Software mexmoon Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 1 26-09-2003 10:11 AM
SE UK mains chargers faulty sidneylopsides Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 3 12-09-2003 08:23 AM
HELPS ... SCREEN FAULTY BOOT UP MaxiMuS Nokia 7650 2 13-11-2002 09:38 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy