All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-08-2008, 10:20 PM

japrx7 is on a distinguished road
E71 - Disappointed for No BlackBerry Connect Support?

I was on the phone with Nokia for about 20 minutes and while speaking to the rep was able to find the correct section on where I would be able to lodge a complaint/feature request.

https://www.nokiausa.com/A4450098

I've also mailed a regular letter to:

Nokia
Attention: Product/Feature Suggestion
4010 West Boy Scout Boulevard
Suite 450
Tampa, FL 33607

Attached is the sample of what I have submitted. Please feel free to contribute, hopefully Nokia will take it under advisement.

---

Dear Nokia,

I was proud to once call myself an early adopter of both the Nokia E61 and Nokia E61i. I recently

purchased a Nokia E71 with the hopes that I would have the same success as I did with the two previous

Nokia models I have used and come to love.

One feature that I was extremely disappointment to see removed from the E71 support roster was the

compatibility with BlackBerry Connect. While I can understand the competitiveness to want to rival

Research In Motion and their associated market exposure to corporate smartphone messaging technology, I

feel as though it was a misguided and unfair decision for Nokia to release the future E-series

smartphones without the compatibility for BlackBerry Connect.

I, personally, have opted to test other alternatives (Mail for Exchange, Seven) and have yet to find a

comparable solution to the BlackBerry Connect add-in that I have come to rely on time and time again.

While I somewhat understand Mr. Ainsile's statement regarding the release and support of BlackBerry

connect for future Nokia E-series phones, I strongly disagree with the option against supporting of such a heavily utilized/versed service such as RIM's BlackBerry mobile messaging technology. If Nokia's

focus is to "make e-mail a mass-market proposition for everybody" (as Mr. Ainsile stated) how does one do so without including support for one of the major mobile messaging market movers (RIM's BlackBerry services).

While I implore Nokia to reconsider the decision to release an application support deployment for

BlackBerry Connect for the Nokia E71, as well as future E-series smartphones, should that decision be

favorably denied, what may be helpful is to integrate the compatibility with future smartphones,

including the current E71, with previous versions of BlackBerry Connect, which have already been released for previous E-series smartphones.
Ads

Old 26-08-2008, 04:17 AM

VeeralS05 is on a distinguished road
I use Microsoft for Exchange with mine. Seems to work fine. I like it better, because I can setup larger attachments with it.

I do miss Blackberry Connect though! I know Nokia is doing away with BB Connect Completely.

Old 27-08-2008, 12:04 PM

harrykh is on a distinguished road
Yea ur right, have u tried using the e90 BBC software ? I already dropped my BB subscription before I heard of the Bold and RIM's plan to offer HTML push mail.

anyway, http://www.emoze.com is something u should consider. u can have ur google mail/apps mail pushed. only thing is that it just pushes the email, I haven't had much luck with the contacts.

subscibe to an exchange account with OWA (outlook web access) and u can pretty have the BB experience.

Emoze behaves much nicer than MFE, less resources and bandwith (if this is a concern).