ID:	2480   Click image for larger version

Name:	schoolbook.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	2481  

Old 12-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
Well, the image needs to be much bigger (think computer wallpaper size) and preferably of better quality.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Last edited by Raven; 12-04-2005 at 02:49 PM.

Old 13-04-2005, 08:07 AM

HyPeR is on a distinguished road
How about this one. i think all the text will also be clear on this one, including all the highlights etc.

this used to be my old wallpaper..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hyper.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	2489  

Old 13-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

HyPeR,

Sorry mate, your wallpaper is still too small... I have to use a 755x200 source and your picture is only 640 pixels wide. So, I would have to stretch the picture and thus the skin wouldn't turn out very well.

Btw, I expect to have several more skins ready soon.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 13-04-2005, 09:09 PM

weera is on a distinguished road
Hi all! I'm a new user of Communicator, so please be gentle with me..

Is there any way that I change text color into white instead of black?

thx in advance..

btw great job for Switchblade n Raven..! Salut!

Old 14-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Hi weera, welcome to the forum.

Where is it you want to change the text colour?

Last edited by Raven; 14-04-2005 at 10:48 AM.

Old 17-04-2005, 05:07 AM

weera is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
Hi weera, welcome to the forum.

Where is it you want to change the text colour?
Hi raven, thx.
I mean text colour in the commy display, like when I use your wood skin, the text colour is black while your tux2 skin has black text. (hope you know what I mean?)

Old 17-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

SwitchBlade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe9500
I would really "kill" for that matrix skin

I' actually working on one myself, but I'm still checking out how to actually do the process
Feel free to modify it. And if you find any colour codes that aren't already mapped out to point them out here so they can be added to the listing at a later date.

On a skin note the easiest skin to make is one based around the standard colours and just changing the pictures, much the same as the 9210. Otherwise things do become ludicrously complicated with all the colour options to track down and correct. As much as I'd like a skin with a dark background myself it's just not possible to do and make it look complete.
A weekly science fiction serial by me, written on a 9500/E90.

Old 18-04-2005, 01:40 PM

Raynold is on a distinguished road
hi raven and switchblace..

thanks to your tutotial on this thread, so I can make a skin based on raven's tux2 skin for my friend's 9500 (I'm using 6600... hik..hik..)

but I have to modify image#5 in skinapptitle into 595 x 200 pixel image with starting point (92,0)pixel dan wallpaper 463 x 194 pixel with starting point (92,6) pixel to make these 2 images macth each other.

and I still have black border that saperate wallpaper image and top of image#5 skinapptitile.mbm, what should I do ?

how to change text color ?

thanks a lot... sorry for my bad english

Old 18-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Just a word of caution to those of you who are making skins... Be careful when you edit the skin (SKN) file. I made a stupid mistake where I forgot to change the paths in the 'bitmap section' (forgot to replace some B's with C's...) and ended up killing my phone. And to add to the stupidity I didn't have a back-up ready. And if that wasn't enough, I discovered after doing a hard reset that the skin I was working so hard on (the one that rendered my commie useless) turned out rather badly...

Old 18-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynold
but I have to modify image#5 in skinapptitle into 595 x 200 pixel image with starting point (92,0)pixel dan wallpaper 463 x 194 pixel with starting point (92,6) pixel to make these 2 images macth each other.
Hmm, I think I left out the CBA panel when I made #5 in 'skinapptitle'. You can just use the CBA (200x200) from 'skincommandbar' and paste that into the source and then cut from point 92,0 so you get a part of the CBA at the end... Bah, forget it, I'll just upload it here.

Quote:
how to change text color ?
You have to edit the .SKN file. It's explained at the end of SwitchBlade's tutorial.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 5.bmp (375.1 KB, 260 views)

Old 18-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weera
Hi raven, thx.
I mean text colour in the commy display, like when I use your wood skin, the text colour is black while your tux2 skin has black text. (hope you know what I mean?)
I think I know what you mean. I've attached the modified orange.skn file to this post with white text in stead of black. Just go to C:\System\skins\0x101F8EDB and replace the orange.skn file with the one I've attached here (remember to unzip first), and reboot your Communicator.
Attached Files
File Type: zip orange.zip (737 Bytes, 268 views)
Ads

Old 18-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

A couple of new ones

Bliss:

DOWNLOAD

Worms:

DOWNLOAD

Old 19-04-2005, 07:29 AM

Delta737 is on a distinguished road
Wow, they get nicer all time! Keep it up Raven!!!

Old 19-04-2005, 11:27 AM

Raynold is on a distinguished road
thanks for the explaination, raven....

very nice bliss skin.....love it