All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-08-2004, 03:03 PM

Jeecee is on a distinguished road
Angry mRouterRuntime MFC application has encountered a problem ....

Hi there Folks,

I'm starting to loose some hair from this problem and the title will bring you into the Google search list all over the world, which you were not until now.

I have a P800 and Windows XP Pro sp1 with a McAfee 4.0 firewall. Sync functioned well after installation from the original CD for about 5 times (yes times !) and since then no more, giving me each time a Windows error "mRouterRuntime MFC application has encountered a problem and needs to close".
Re-installing the old version or new version 2.4.2(?) does not help. Everything is made Ok for McAfee, I'm working as administrator, putting the phone in the Sync station makes the phone monitor search and then ... "mRouter .... close". Looking over 10's and 10's of forums after a Google search makes me aware that I'm not alone with exactly the same problem, but no one has an answer. I know very well what I'm doing with a PC and XP but for one reason or the other I am incapable of finding out what is happening here.
Does anyone have any idea ? Microsoft of course does not react on any error report and I think Sony Ericsson doesn't want to know P800 or XP because they too do not react.
Please don't tell me it's working fine on your computer, just be happy you're one of the few where it does. I'm one of the many where it doesn't in the same way and until now nobody seems to know why not.

P800 for me has become

For the first time since the 80's (I think) HELP !!!!

Jeecee

Old 21-08-2004, 04:44 PM
adis

Unhappy same shit

I have the same problem but my mobile is a P900.
My OS is Win XP SP1 and my firewall is McAffe Guardian v.3.01.
If i found any solution i will write; but for the moment i loose my hair as you...
Ads

Old 24-08-2004, 10:59 AM

Jeecee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adis
If i found any solution i will write; but for the moment i loose my hair as you...
Thanks, but I'm afraid we will be bold, both of us at that time. I'm still wrestling with the problem. I think I'm gonna learn Karate.

Jeecee

Old 25-08-2004, 03:19 PM
gust

Angry I am tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
I have the same problem but my mobile is a P900.
My OS is Win XP SP1 and my firewall is McAffe Guardian v.3.01.

Old 30-08-2004, 09:07 AM

hAnDyGUY is on a distinguished road
I'm happy to say that I'm one of the few that have it working fine (using the cradle and the bluetooth adaptor) with win XP (SP1 and now with SP2)

but I also share the problem with you guys in my Win2K as I'm having lots (and I mean lots) of problems with mRouter and other connection errors!

what I can say is that I have Norton on the XP, and McAffe on the Win2K which gives me a conclution that McAffe+mRouter won't work fine in Win NT version!

will keep updating you guys with any new stuff I face..

Old 02-09-2004, 06:46 PM
adis

Smile solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeecee
Thanks, but I'm afraid we will be bold, both of us at that time. I'm still wrestling with the problem. I think I'm gonna learn Karate.

Jeecee
-Well i found somethink interesting (i hope).
A week ago i have sent an e-mail to Sony-Ericsson customer service and support and at first time they sent me a reply in which they ask me for more details about my operation system and if i have any antivirus software.
So yesterday after my reply they sent me this:
"... We would like to inform you that, for the specific issue, there are two solutions available: you must either upgrade the McAfee application to the latest version (version 8) or uninstall it (disabling these applications will not resolve the issue). Therefore, we probably suggest you to perform the upgrade, in order to resolve the specific issue."

-For the moment i dont know if it work; but i have already order a new antivirus.

Old 16-12-2004, 06:28 PM

jeffpadurham is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Solved

Quote:
-Well i found somethink interesting (i hope).
A week ago i have sent an e-mail to Sony-Ericsson customer service and support and at first time they sent me a reply in which they ask me for more details about my operation system and if i have any antivirus software.
So yesterday after my reply they sent me this:
"... We would like to inform you that, for the specific issue, there are two solutions available: you must either upgrade the McAfee application to the latest version (version 8) or uninstall it (disabling these applications will not resolve the issue). Therefore, we probably suggest you to perform the upgrade, in order to resolve the specific issue."

-For the moment i dont know if it work; but i have already order a new antivirus.
Thanks to info from you and a little other research I now seem to have stopped the error messages.
I've upgraded from McAfee 7 to version 8, it wasn't easy though every time I tried to uninstall version 7 I lost my router and internet connections this happenned as soon as I uninstalled V7 and before I installed V8!
With a registry hack download and instructions on manually uninstalling V7 from McAfee (Thankyou McAfee support) I've eventually got it sorted.
Jeff.