All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-05-2010, 04:14 PM

Raveot2 is on a distinguished road
Micro-SD card used in E52 can not be used elsewhere

Hello,

I would like some help. I have used a 4 gig Micro sd sdhc card in my E52 and it works without problems. I am have been trying to use this memory card in a camera and in my card reader on my laptop without success. When a place the card in my card reader it does allocated as a removable disk on my computer. Other sdhc cards works in the card reader. The micro sd card can not be read in my camera either. If I connect the E52 by USB cable the memory card shows up as a removable disk on my computer. Ive tried formatting the card when placed in E52, connected to my computer by USB-cable and the format completes without problems. But still the card can not be read anywhere else but in the phone. I have also tried formatting the card in the phone.

What can be wrong? There is no password on the memory card from what I can see.

Any solution to this is much appreciated.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:46 PM

buster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveot2 View Post
Hello,

I would like some help. I have used a 4 gig Micro sd sdhc card in my E52 and it works without problems. I am have been trying to use this memory card in a camera and in my card reader on my laptop without success. When a place the card in my card reader it does allocated as a removable disk on my computer. Other sdhc cards works in the card reader. The micro sd card can not be read in my camera either. If I connect the E52 by USB cable the memory card shows up as a removable disk on my computer. Ive tried formatting the card when placed in E52, connected to my computer by USB-cable and the format completes without problems. But still the card can not be read anywhere else but in the phone. I have also tried formatting the card in the phone.

What can be wrong? There is no password on the memory card from what I can see.

Any solution to this is much appreciated.
There is a well-known issue with Nokia phones, which may or may not explain your problem. If you set up a message to lock your phone by SMS and you have not previously defined a password for your memory card, the message you choose will also be used as a password for your memory card, WITHOUT you being alerted to this fact. If at some point you want to use your card in another device, you can't unless you remember the password.

Although the idea of password protecting the memory card is good, it should NEVER be done without the user's say so and should certainly not use some form of random passwords, as is currently the case.

I' m not saying this is the case in your case, but it is certainly a possibility...
Ads

Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 AM

ravirdv is on a distinguished road
are you using encryption on mmc??? if yes then disable encryption and try again