All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-05-2008, 07:52 AM

erehman is on a distinguished road
Nokia N95 Sound Problem. Its Mono. Please Help

My friend has got Nokia N95. The music when played on Nokia N95, the sound comes out of both its left and right speakers. I checked its left-right separation by moving the balance point to extreme left and extreme right, but it has no effect on the sound output and both the speakers operate. I disabled the stereo widening and again moved the balance button to left, the right speaker should be silent, and then I slide the balance button from central position to extreme right, now only right speaker should play, but in any case there is no difference and both the speakers play continuously, and with mono sound.
With the ear phone or head phone inserted in the jack female point of N95, the output is only in one side. I don't what wrong with the phone.
Both speaker play with no stereo, and in head phone only one of the sides gives sound.
Can anybody tell what to do? Is it because of some software problem or hardware.

Old 13-05-2008, 09:25 AM

Columbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by erehman View Post
With the ear phone or head phone inserted in the jack female point of N95, the output is only in one side. I don't what wrong with the phone.
I had this problem also sometimes, with the first firmware, I heard only in one side with my headset, but I just turn the phone off, and then turn it on again, and all things work as it should.

What firmware is your friend using? Maybe he can update the firmware?
Ads