All About N-Gage - Next Generation Ready

Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Ovi Gaming reviews Worms World Party for N-Gage

Worms World Party was one of the best and most popular games on the first gen N-Gage, but how good is the next gen version? Find out in Ovi Gaming's in-depth review of WWP, together with the usual screenshots and a 10 minute gameplay video too. (squeaky voice) Incoming! Incoming!

Read on in the full article.
Ads

Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Arcade is on a distinguished road
Finally! I cant even begin to tell you how much I've waited for this. Thanks Tzer. . This is gonna be one special read..

Old 04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Pleased to be of service Arcade. :-)

I did a video for the review too, hopefully we'll have videos on all our reviews from now on so you can see exactly what the graphics and gameplay is like.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:59 AM

nipuna777 is on a distinguished road
Video reviews...
COOOL
It would be nice if you can do that with all the reviews.
wysiwyg right?
Anyway how do you do the screen capture?

Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipuna777 View Post
Video reviews...
COOOL
It would be nice if you can do that with all the reviews.
wysiwyg right?
Anyway how do you do the screen capture?
It's very easy:

1. Get a phone with TV Out (you'll know it's got TV Out if it comes with a cable that has three prongs coloured white, yellow and red). N-Gage phones with TV Out include the N79, N82, N85, N86, N95, N95 8GB, N96 and N97. Non-N-gage phones with TV Out include the 5800, 6220 and others.

2. Get a Composite-USB adaptor from ebay or elsewhere. The cheapest ones should work although you may have sound problems with them. I use a slightly more expensive adaptor called the Grabster 150.

3. Install the capture software that comes with the adaptor on your computer, attach the phone to the TV Out cable, attach the TV Out cable to the adaptor and then attach the adaptor to your computer.

4. Start up the capture software, select the record analogue video option (or whatever it calls it) and use your phone.

5. When you stop the recording it will save the video as a file on your computer which you can then edit with any major video editing app such as Windows Movie Maker (which comes free with all Windows computers). You can then upload the file to YouTube, Ovi Share etc etc.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:26 PM

nipuna777 is on a distinguished road
Oh now I get it.
thanks for the tip. I should try this.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:13 PM

Arcade is on a distinguished road
As a maximum, How many human players can play together in a single game ?

Old 05-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Arcade, four human players at once in online multiplayer. Minimum of two humans, maximum of four.

Each human controls many worms of course, but there would be up to four teams of worms.

I've played some matches with four teams, it's really good fun as no one is sure who to go after and the dynamics of the match can change quite quickly. If you're lucky you'll watch everyone else wipe each other out, then you can quite easily win against whoever's left... :-)

Old 06-06-2009, 01:26 AM

powerbacon is on a distinguished road
i have to say... congratz tzer2 for this aaaaawesome review... this is really, really good =D pointed everything about everything! all the good and bad things =D congratz again! Review score: 100%!

Old 06-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Thanks powerbacon! If developers have clearly put a lot of effort into a game I try to put a lot of effort into the review, so the reviews of things like WWP or COTD will be a lot longer than for most games.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:55 PM

jmas is on a distinguished road
I spotted this article in AAS RSS feed. Installed the client, made my first purchase from N-gage and the game runs smooth. Been busy with work lately and a bit stressed => good reason to buy a new game. Thank you for the review!

Old 09-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Administrator

Jmas, glad to hear you enjoy the game and that we helped you find it!

If you like WWP on N-Gage, you might like to try Reset Generation which is another multiplayer comedy strategy game with four-player online. You can play the full version on your PC for free here if you want to try it out:

http://www.ovigaming.com/games/item/...White_Rock.php

...and if you want it on the move you can buy the mobile version from the N-Gage app.

You can browse other N-gage titles in our N-Gage games section:

http://www.ovigaming.com/games/

As well as Worms, my personal N-Gage favourites would also be Hooked On: Creatures Of The Deep, Bounce, Mile High Pinball and System Rush Evolution.