All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
AAN reviews Dogz for N-Gage

Bored? You soon will be if you play Dogz, it's possibly the worst game on the platform. Read All About N-Gage's review of Dogz to find out just how bad it is, and where it went wrong. Be warned though, it's not a pretty sight...

Read on in the full article.

Old 27-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Hopefully Creebies will provide the N-Gage platform with a decent virtual pet game, it really could do with one...

Old 28-08-2008, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

But the Vet is HOT! :P

Radu

Old 28-08-2008, 06:47 AM
MD90

If it's nokia who should give ok to projects, I think they really shouldn't let gameloft make this stupid games. Gameloft is making game's like "very bad" b-movies and it's really strange that they're selling more than nokia's great games. Even nokia's worst game, snakes subsonic is way better than this awfull games. From gameloft's game, only brain training and brothers in arms are worth playing. The others SUCK!

Old 28-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
If it's nokia who should give ok to projects, I think they really shouldn't let gameloft make this stupid games.
The thing is, as you say yourself Gameloft games sell very very well. Asphalt 3 has been in the Top 5 N-Gage sales every single week since the chart started, it's the only game to do that.

Quote:
I think they really shouldn't let gameloft make this stupid games.
Ultimately games platforms are all about sales, not review scores. If you look at the sales charts for any gaming system ever made, it's always full of big name titles that got bad reviews (and the same is true for films, books, music etc).

On the other hand, I do agree that Nokia probably should have vetoed Dogz, it's not got anything to keep anyone interested.

It might be though that Nokia is afraid of offending Gameloft, as they want to keep them on board for long term third party support.

Old 28-08-2008, 09:47 PM

Tetlee is on a distinguished road
Ouch, that was a pretty damning review, not even a nice quote for Ikona to pop on the NGage blog

Nokia really need to get the NGage site updated with some more "Coming Soon" games, there are only four remaining now and two of those are the Café ones. We know there are more games in development, and there must be loads that we don't know of, not the best way to build enthusiasm for people curious and checking out the official website.
Ads

Old 29-08-2008, 06:46 AM
shadowspawn

Angry

heh, I laughed a few times when reading that. What I really should be doing is cry. Cry that shit like that makes it to the N-Gage and will fool anvary buyers with a cute logo.
Asphalt 3 is a pretty good racing game TBH. Not the best, but good.
After Block Breaker and Midnight Pool, I was expecting more average games to come. But N-Gage Poop? (my term for below average, below 50% score games)
Gameloft has now dug themselves a hole. They better be careful angry N-Gagers don't bury them there with hungry flesh eating insects. In otherwords, Gameloft games will now be more unwelcome for many players.
They need to make a good game next to prove their worth. And put in a decent 1 level long trial in it!

Old 29-08-2008, 06:55 AM
MD9 0

N-Gage blog:
All about N-Gage doesn't like Dogz
Maybe Tzer2 is more of a cat person :-)

Old 29-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
We know there are more games in development, and there must be loads that we don't know of, not the best way to build enthusiasm for people curious and checking out the official website.
I hope they are saving that for when the N-Gage app starts being embedded in brand new phones, which should happen this autumn (the upcoming N85, N79 and N96 should have it from day 1 for example).

There are definitely games we don't know about, for example three or four of the first party developers listed on the N-Gage Insider website haven't announced or released any games yet so they must still be under wraps.

Quote:
not even a nice quote for Ikona to pop on the NGage blog
Yeah, 'fraid not. To Ikona's credit though, he did still link to the review in the blog.

Quote:
Gameloft has now dug themselves a hole. They better be careful angry N-Gagers don't bury them there with hungry flesh eating insects.
This is the depressing thing though, look at their chart placings. They're obviously the best-selling third party publisher on N-Gage, so it's not like they're too worried about the reviews.

Old 29-08-2008, 01:38 PM

ashwyn7 is on a distinguished road
Wink

After reading d review altleast iI would not want 2 eve try d demo of Dogz.
You r right about 'Asphalt 3' !!!!!.
Even I liked Dirk Dagger, I liked it d best of all d games I tried out from Ngage. I truley got into d atmosphere of the game while playing it, 4 some time I felt I was Dirk. eerrrrr!!!! just joking buddy !!!!
Hey Tzer2! one more thing, please don't forget 2 find out whether d N79 & N85 have a 3D chip for acceleration, which we are all anxious 2 know !!!
just a request !!!!

Old 29-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Ashwyn7, Forum Nokia has the N79 listed but not the N85 yet.

The N79 page doesn't mention anything about graphics hardware, which implies it doesn't have any, but I'm trying to confirm that.

I'll let you know what the N85 page says when it's published.

One other possibility is that the 3D hardware is present but not officially present. I know that sounds crazy but the 3D hardware on portable devices is often built into general chips that do many other things too (such as TV Out), and the manufacturer has to pay a licence fee on every feature that is activated. The licence fees raise the cost of the phone, so if a feature isn't needed by the target audience the manufacturer would tend to just leave it inactive.

Old 29-08-2008, 02:58 PM

ccraig is on a distinguished road
i dont think they have 3D chips ppl kept asking at virtual launch and they would'nt answer or say why they was dropped in Q& A session

here is n85 specs>> http://www.nseries.com/nseries/v3/me...n85_en_R1.html

i love all the supported video formats
Video playback file formats: MPEG4, AVC/H.264, WMV, RV, Flash Video, H.263
Video streaming: . MPEG4, AVC/H.264, WMV, RV, Flash Video, H.263/3GPP

Old 29-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

TO ALL N-GAGE fans

Include Portuguese Language to new N-Gage games

Portuguese is one of the most spoken languages in the world so why don't include it in N-Gage games and the app and in the site too?
Please if you can add the Portuguese language to the N-Gage network.

AAN viewers: Help us and vote here: http://ngage.uservoice.com/pages/gen...gestions/20808

Old 29-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
here is n85 specs>>
Those aren't the Forum Nokia specs though, at least we don't know if they are.

Nokia's consumer site's specs are less reliable than Forum Nokia, and they usually leave a lot of stuff out too, so we'd best wait for the FN specs.

Old 29-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Neither of the new phones have a dedicated 3D chip. However I'm not sure what chipset they're on (may well be different) so can not comment on performance. Its quite likely they have separate application and phone processors so may well have better performers than the single chip devices like the N81.