All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-12-2008, 02:48 PM

peterteh is on a distinguished road
Need help to restore deleted files

I have image files deleted from my mmc card. Only PAlbTN left inside. I tried to open the files in PAlbTN but the image pixels r too small. I have tried data recovery softwares but to no avail. Can someone please help..either a good software to undelete/recover the image files previously deleted, or able to extract them from PAlbTN. Thanks alot.

Old 14-12-2008, 03:21 PM

rdcinhou is on a distinguished road
I don't know of any unerase tools for the 9300/9500, but since you have this on an MMC card, you can use any PC-based file unerase tool if you have a PC with an MMC slot.

BTW...the PAlbTN are only thumbnails, so they are not complete image files.

Good Luck!

Old 14-12-2008, 05:06 PM

Thks rdcinhou, u have any suggestions of software that may help recover or restore files previously deleted or may even been overwriiten..better still if it can extract or enchance whatever is left in the PAlbTN folder.

Thks Again.

Old 14-12-2008, 07:38 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
The _PAlbTN has only thumbnails of the original pictures. They can't be used to restore the originals as most of the data has been discarded to make the thumbnails.

If you have kept using the phone since you deleted the pictures, the memory locations where they were may already have been overwritten.

If you turned off the phone immediately after losing the pictures, and haven't used it (turned it on) since, then maybe a data recovery service like http://www.ibas.com can help.

Old 15-12-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
The _PAlbTN has only thumbnails of the original pictures. They can't be used to restore the originals as most of the data has been discarded to make the thumbnails.

If you have kept using the phone since you deleted the pictures, the memory locations where they were may already have been overwritten.

If you turned off the phone immediately after losing the pictures, and haven't used it (turned it on) since, then maybe a data recovery service like http://www.ibas.com can help.
Thks for the info..
The problem is : 1. the phone previously used has been sold; 2. the only info left are in the PAlbTN n most data recovery software i tried only able to recover to image with very small size ie: about 1 to 2KB..too small to open.
Is there any software that can either a) extract from PAlbTn n then restore to original image or b) enhance the image from small to original size.
Thks again to all.
Ads

Old 15-12-2008, 06:00 AM

One more question..Lets say the memory locations have been over written, is there any way to recover it? thks

Old 15-12-2008, 05:44 PM

rdcinhou is on a distinguished road
If the memory has been overwritten in any way, then there is no way (short of some NSA supercooled detector magic!) to recover any information that was on the MMC card.

Old 15-12-2008, 08:37 PM

And to re-iterate about the thumbnail pictures...

Most of the information in the original picture is discarded (lost) when the tiny thumbnail picture is generated. There is no magic in the world that can regenerate the original picture from the thumbnail.

Old 31-08-2011, 04:12 AM

Pinky Chavan is on a distinguished road
Help

Hi, my notes in my Nokia E71 got deleted, pls leme knw if thrs any way i can get it back... its urgent...

Old 31-08-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky Chavan View Post
Hi, my notes in my Nokia E71 got deleted, pls leme knw if thrs any way i can get it back... its urgent...
Only possible by restoring a backup that has been made before you deleted them. And if you don't have a backup...

Well, if you can afford it, and have powered the phone off (continuing to use it may overwrite the deleted areas in phone memory with other stuff making recovery impossible), you can try a data recovery service such as this one: http://www.krollontrack.com/

Old 31-08-2011, 10:28 AM

thanks

can i get any contact no for this for India

Old 31-08-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
Only possible by restoring a backup that has been made before you deleted them. And if you don't have a backup...

Well, if you can afford it, and have powered the phone off (continuing to use it may overwrite the deleted areas in phone memory with other stuff making recovery impossible), you can try a data recovery service such as this one: http://www.krollontrack.com/
can i pls get a contact no for india.. cant find assistance contact details for India

Old 31-08-2011, 11:43 AM

Try a Google search with:

+india +"data recovery"