All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-09-2009, 11:17 AM

lrrdbrn is on a distinguished road
connecting to wlan on w960 via livebox

hi! i recently bought a w960 and i love it. but for the life of me i can't get it to connect via wifi!

i'm using an orange livebox. on my phone i've put in the "wep" on the bottom of the router and it doesn't work. i've also tried the other options on the phone of doing the shared wep, wpa personal and all such like, but nothing seems to work. i know i'm using the right wep key because i'm using it on my laptop right now!

i saw something in other threads about "b" and "g" connections, and that it doesn't seem to work on mixed mode? but in the config for the router i can't see anything to change this. however there are two buttons on the router that have "1" and "2" on them, but i don't know what they do. would i need to do a firmware upgrade at all?

i'm probably missing something blindingly obvious, but i'd really appreciate the help. i've looked on google and many other places and can't seem to find a solution.

also, one other thing. i tried installing opera mobile, and it says there's already a version of opera installed, but i can't find it anywhere? is it hidden under another name or something?
Ads

Old 29-09-2009, 10:42 AM

lrrdbrn is on a distinguished road
helpful.

well i've managed to solve one problem, but came across another. i used my netgear router through the livebox, and it connects to the net on my laptop through it (though it seems to disconnect a fair bit), and on my phone it says "connected" and shows the blue wireless thing instead of the grey one, but whenever i try and connect to the net via opera or ucweb, it says there's no connection. is there anything i need to change?

no one helped before and i somehow mangaged to sort it myself, maybe i'll be able to do it again. i'll post my findings incase anyone else has this problem.

Old 26-11-2009, 04:53 PM

ariddiste is on a distinguished road
connecting to wlan on w960 via li

Heres an update- We have set up port forwarding correctly and now we can connect via the connect to ip function in black shark to each others server. However we cannot see the others server in the server browser. Thanks for all the help.