All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-03-2003, 08:32 AM

futuredoc is on a distinguished road
system failure......

ok so i jus put my P800 in my carry case n off to class....class gets over n then when i get bak home my gal asks me if i got her msgs....i get zapped as to how come i dint recieve her msgs so i remove my cell from the case n bammmm.....wot do i get to see???.....well there is this animation asking me to press the on button for 10 seconds....i happened to have read the manual in detail n realised that this probably is SYSTEM FAILURE....so i do wot is asks me to do n switch it bak on again n evrything is bak to normal....

ok so u guys enlighten me as to why on earth did the system failure occur....wot generally leads to system failure n wot are the harmful effects of system failure on P800???....do i need to go n get it chekd out at d SE service centre???.....i happened to have bot my P800 jus a week ago....

any precautionary measures to prevent that from happenin again.....

thanx mates
later

Old 14-03-2003, 12:01 PM

christomas is on a distinguished road
You are correct that what happened is a system failure. How often does this thing hapen? What firemware do you have? You dont really need to do anything for the system to crash. Mine sometimes crashes in the middle of texting or sometimes even when i just leave my phone on the table. So theres really no reason sometimes for the system to crash. I would suggest you check your firemware and have it upgraded. I got my fone around 2 months ago and it came with the R1B firmware. Back then i get around 4 or 5 crashes in a week. After i had it upgraded to R1D, there is a noticeable difference in the times it crashes. Now it only crashes around a couple of times in a week. Dont worry all you need to do is just press the on/off switch when this happens and everything will be back to normal

Old 14-03-2003, 12:12 PM

Andy_P is on a distinguished road
plenty of other posts on this...