All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-01-2008, 10:52 PM

snuge is on a distinguished road
phone boot time

after the v.20 upgrade my boot time was very quick compared to what it was but now i have noticed the boot time is away up again roughly 35 seconds why is this?is anyone else finding this and can it be fixed?

Old 08-01-2008, 12:33 AM

dchky is on a distinguished road
It entirely depends on which applications you have installed, and which are set to run when the phone boots. Not knowing this, it's rather difficult to give any advice.

(I don't turn my phone off enough to worry if it's 15 seconds or 40)

Old 08-01-2008, 01:16 AM

snuge is on a distinguished road
good point i forgot about system apps starting up. also its not that i turn it off alot(myslef anyway) mine still reboots on its own every so often. is v20 the final update as far as performance goes do you know?

Old 08-01-2008, 07:59 AM

tonymy01 is on a distinguished road
Do you have any Psiloc applications installed? It puts this "DRM Common Solutions" application also into your phone which makes the bootup times huge and stuffs the system wakeup clock (won't alarm from power down).
I complained about this on a Psiloc newsgroup, and was suprised that within a week, they released new versions of most of their downloads.
Regards

Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 AM

sbc is on a distinguished road
Well, I complained to Psiloc a few months back, so no doubt they have heard this from a lot of costumers But I agree, you have to use the lastest versions of Psiloc software, otherwise your boot time is shot.

Shutdown time is increased a lot if you have Garmin XT installed.

Most apps just add parts of a second to boot/shutdown times, but I have noticed that these two really makes a difference. Did anyone notice more slow apps?
Ads

Old 08-01-2008, 09:47 AM

dchky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymy01 View Post
Do you have any Psiloc applications installed? It puts this "DRM Common Solutions" application also into your phone which makes the bootup times huge and stuffs the system wakeup clock (won't alarm from power down).
I complained about this on a Psiloc newsgroup, and was suprised that within a week, they released new versions of most of their downloads.
Regards

They seem to update their DRM CS fairly regularly, though I suspect this isn't so much to prevent bugs as it is to lock out older cracked versions of their software.

They do make some good applications, though others are seriously bug ridden - font magnifier, I'm pointing at you.