All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-04-2010, 04:05 AM

amol4184 is on a distinguished road
N79 : continues to hung, despite many formattings.

Hi all of you!
Don't know how many of you faced this problem especially with N79.
Mine is 10 months old phone and has been giving this error almost from the beginning.
I will describe various behaviors of the phone -

1. I have assigned my left soft key for 'messaging' and right soft key for 'contacts'. When some new messages comes, and I press 'yes' to read it - Nothing happens.

2. Once above thing happens, then both soft keys stop working - i.e. I cannot access messages OR contacts by pressing the soft keys.

3. Menu key and media key work properly, and I am also able to make/receive calls.

4. However if I go in Menu and click on 'Messaging' it does not open. The contacts also cannot be opened. 'Application running' symbol appears for a few second and vanishes.

5. The web browser opens but I cannot open any webpage as I get error "Not enough memory to perform operations". I must mention that there is not a single application installed, it happens with a freshly formatted phone with more than 60MB internal memory free.

6. Some times I get 'System error'

7. The only thing that works amidst all this is Music player! but sometimes that also fails. And some random menu items like office, calendar etc.

8. The only option left is I have to restart the phone. Sometimes the power button also stops working and I have to take out the battery.

This happens daily at least 3-4 times, forcing me to restart the phone even to access messages.
The phone has been taken to care center 4 times in a row and the next day phone started giving same issue. I am really fed up, as to how freshly formatted phone can work like this. Even as I am writing this, the phone is behaving as described above. Right now the phone is having latest firmware update.
I tried changing message storage to memory card and then again to phone memory, but to no avail. There are absolutely no third party softwares installed and 60MB phone memory is free.

Someone please help!!!!!!
Ads