All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-01-2008, 02:56 PM

Szadzik is on a distinguished road
I got the phone a few weeks ago and on the same day I received it I called them asking for an unlock code. I got the phone as an upgrade and it seems they did not charge me with the 20 pounds.
I got the email right after I finished talking to them.

Old 29-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
yeah, thats kinda where I was going with it...

interesting to see they are appearing to put their ear to the ground... not a voda customer so dunno if it carries out to the users again mind...

Old 29-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
It did with me, as I had an issue with a contract. And Ive seen on another forum they sorted someone else out.

I think it would be useful if we could at least verify reps, then people definatly know its advice from vodafone.

Old 29-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Willeh is on a distinguished road
I just called them up and thankfully it went extremely well and smooth. He even asked me to get a piece of paper to write down the unlock code! All in all, the call lasted for about 10 minutes! £20 well spent.

Old 29-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

£2 a min.... profits just keep rolling in

Old 29-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Free when you ring 191 from your mobile.

Old 29-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

free? unlocking for free??

Old 30-01-2008, 10:11 AM

kushn958gb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartmanekul View Post
Free when you ring 191 from your mobile.
huh wat u mean by free man

did u mean its free to call 191 from ur vodafone mobile???

Old 30-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, Im pretty sure it is, but not 100%.

Dont think Ive been charged in the times Ive called them using that number. You have to do it from *your* mobile though, if you use a landline you have to use another number.

Kontraband, I thought you meant £2 a min on top of the £20

Old 30-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

bartman, I know you did! LOL...

Old 19-02-2008, 06:36 AM

n958gbvodafone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefullyuseful View Post
Hi,

For the benefit of everybody here, unlocking is something that we can do for you at Vodafone, even if you haven't had the phone for the full length of your contract yet.

We can unlock your phone for free once you've had it with us for 12 months or more. Before that we would charge £20.00 for the official unlocking code that's specific to your phone.

Sometimes, using external unlocking procedures and software could possibly damage your phone and its software. We appreciate that this is your own choice. If the phone is under Vodafone warranty and unlocking affects your phone in any way, the warranty would be invalidated.

All we need is your phones make and model and the IMEI number of the phone which is 15 digits long and starts with 35. You can get it on a sticker in the battery compartment or by pressing *#06# on the phone.

You need to have a valid Vodafone mobile number too so that we can log the code on your account and check how long you've had the phone with us for in case we need to charge for the code.

For pay as you talk, where the phone is less than 12 months old, your number needs to have at least £20.00 credit on it. This will allow us to debit the £20.00 charge.

Usually we can provide the code and full unlocking procedure within 3 to 5 working days of you asking us for it.

so i see.. For all the people with unlock code for N95-8Gb from vodafone-UK.

I am a vodafone customer too. I got my unlock code from voda but with no instructions, as it was very hard to listen to the customer service's dude with an accent i barely understood. So could someone please tell me the instructions on how to do it.

Because i see that there are 2 versions:

some say you have to have a voda sim card inside to unlock and some say you don't. (which is right???)

Can someone help me out? I am currently aboard.

Old 19-02-2008, 07:20 PM

edwardpeter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by n958gbvodafone View Post
so i see.. For all the people with unlock code for N95-8Gb from vodafone-UK.

I am a vodafone customer too. I got my unlock code from voda but with no instructions, as it was very hard to listen to the customer service's dude with an accent i barely understood. So could someone please tell me the instructions on how to do it.

Because i see that there are 2 versions:

some say you have to have a voda sim card inside to unlock and some say you don't. (which is right???)

Can someone help me out? I am currently aboard.
Hi there,

Sorry about the experience you had with Customer Service! The procedure you need to unlock your phone is:

With the Vodafone sim card inside the handset, key #pw+NUC+1# (The p w and + symbols are found by keying the * key twice for the + symbol, three times for ‘p’ and four times for ‘w’). The handset should then display “Sim restriction off”

Instead of NUC you put in the code that you got from us.

If you have any trouble at all, please let me know,

edwardpeter

Vodafone UK

Old 20-02-2008, 04:28 PM

edwardpeter is on a distinguished road
Hi again everyone,

By the way, we've spotted this morning we never replied to a few questions above about our posting on the forums (we do it on several others besides this one.)

The people who currently work in Vodafone's Forum Intervention Team are:

Hopefullyuseful
Gembo2609
Techgirl
edwardpeter

There could be other usernames depending on if the team ever expands and so on, but for now that's us!
If anyone from the admin team requires proof of this, or wants to discuss tagging us officially as from Vodafone, please follow this link to our contact form.
If you explain the situation in the message box, and include the code FIT135 it'll route the email to the Forum Team and I'll get my manager to contact you to confirm our identities.

My apologies for not replying to this sooner!

edwardpeter

Vodafone UK
Ads

Old 21-02-2008, 01:45 PM

n958gbvodafone is on a distinguished road
Thank you Vodafone team,

another question, I am currently on a trip in HK. Will I be able to unlock my phone there? I brought a local sim card and would really want to use that, otherwise my phone bill is going to hit the roof.

Please help me out.

Old 22-02-2008, 04:49 PM

Hopefullyuseful is on a distinguished road
Hi n958gbvodafone,

Yes you can unlock your phone while not in the UK. As each phone has a different unlocking procedure, (some need another network SIM but others need you to use a Vodafone UK SIM), it would be worth making sure you have both a Vodafone UK and another network SIM at hand when unlocking. This will cover all options for which SIM you need to use when unlocking the phone.

To get hold of your unlocking code, as explained further up in this thread, you just need to contact Vodafone using the international customer services number which is 00447836 191191 or e-mail us using the Vodafone online contact us form here.

As soon as we pick up your e-mail we can normally have your code with you within 3 to 5 working days. Once this is on your account, we can even give you the code via e-mail or over the phone so you wouldn't have to wait until you are home to open your post for the code.

Also for quickness, our queue may be faster if you need it urgently so include the code FIT135 somewhere in the actual body of your e-mail, (not the subject). This will then come to us here in the forum team and we'll aim to respond within a few hours to explain what we've done and when you should expect to get your unlock code.

If you have any issues doing this, let us know. I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.

Hopefullyuseful
Vodafone UK