All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Pawlee is on a distinguished road
after readin that it seems the n93 has most of that stuff as well... the only thing i can see missin is the over the air firmware updates... so i feel cheesed off that i cant play this game simply because im missin .1 of an update (n93 = 9.1 symbian... fp1 = 9.2 symbian... DANGIT!)

cheers for the link btw

Old 05-09-2007, 12:35 PM

jinx405 is on a distinguished road
yeah i'd be quite pissed off as well.. but it looks like that .1 update does a fair bit, especially for 3d graphics

have u tried running any other 3d games on your phone? how does it run?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:49 PM

Pawlee is on a distinguished road
well i have system rush evolution demo on it which runs fine... i also have global race which also runs fine... theyre both 3d hardware games

then i have snakes which isnt 3d hardware but obviously 3d, and that runs fine...

Old 05-09-2007, 02:11 PM

kamakay is on a distinguished road
can't load saved game: error on load map data

Hi,

i tryed to reset my phone (to set free more RAM) but every time i load a saved game, after 30 sec, engine console appears: "can't load map data".....

Am i the only with this problem ? :(

Thanks for help

Roberto

Old 05-09-2007, 05:57 PM

Cyclone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx405 View Post
cyclone Ė yeah itís a pity that the ram is so low on the n95. Hopefully that works out for you then! Let me know if it doesnít and maybe I can be of more help
Rebooting seems to have fixed it now as it is more playable. Thanks for that!!!

And game saves work fine for me. Games load in a few seconds with no crashing at all

Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Richard G is on a distinguished road
we absolutely love this at the wom world, we hooked an n95 up to a tv, got the su-8w bluetooth keyboard on the go and made a quick video, it's just like i remember!

http://blip.tv/file/366243#share

brilliant, congrats on the builder

Old 06-09-2007, 04:45 AM

iball is on a distinguished road
Ok Nokia and S60 devs out there, now you have no reason whatsoever to continue the slew of crappy java-based games for the new N-series devices with the new graphics chip.
What's next? Ur-Quan Masters? (never see the star in the starmap! )

"Yeah, but can it play Doom?" has now been eclipsed by "yeah, but can it play Quake?"

Old 06-09-2007, 04:45 PM

Hellish is on a distinguished road
Can you play the game if you dont have a memory card, and just use the phones built in memory storage?

where do you put the files if you can

Old 07-09-2007, 12:02 PM

cddiede is on a distinguished road
Still not working?

Okay, I like so many others, can't get the shareware Quake.exe file to run properly under XP due to memory allocation errors. I'm in the middle of building a VM of Win98SE and seeing if it can execute there.

In the meantime, thanks so much, Navs for posting the pak file directly. I've got this unzip and un gzip'd to my memory card's quake1/ID1 directory and both the pips c runtime library and floating point unit version of quake SIS files installed on my Nokia E90.

But the game still won't launch. :(

Are there other files (such as a config file or something) that must be present in the quake1/ID1 directory along with the pak file? Could someone post these as well for those of us who can't get the shareware file to execute?

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Stupid question: are you trying this on an N95?

Reason I ask is that your pic isnt an N95.

My 6110 doesnt have a floating point processor, so I had to download the other file on the website.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:06 PM

zoltan82 is on a distinguished road
great job! i can see people are having troubles getting this quake datafile, for those who want to have it prepackaged in the sisx file read here wirelessmania.blogspot.com

this is only for FPU phones.. like N95

Old 07-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Bless you zoltan82!!!

bartmanekul, I don't have an N95, I've got an E90 (9290 was the closet avatar pic availabe in my profile selection).

E90 should also have a floating point processor like the N95.

Bless you zoltan82 for packaging the whole she-bang on your blog!!!
I'll be downloading and installing it as soon as I get home today.

Can't wait to see quake running on that HUGE E90 screen!

Old 07-09-2007, 02:43 PM

jinx405 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakay;
Hi,

i tryed to reset my phone (to set free more RAM) but every time i load a saved game, after 30 sec, engine console appears: "can't load map data".....

Am i the only with this problem ? :(

Thanks for help

Roberto
that is a weird problem.. i've never encountered that before. maybe you could try reinstalling the game and see if that works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iball;
Ok Nokia and S60 devs out there, now you have no reason whatsoever to continue the slew of crappy java-based games for the new N-series devices with the new graphics chip.
What's next? Ur-Quan Masters? (never see the star in the starmap! )

"Yeah, but can it play Doom?" has now been eclipsed by "yeah, but can it play Quake?"
hahahah hell yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish;
Can you play the game if you dont have a memory card, and just use the phones built in memory storage?

where do you put the files if you can
you dont have a memory card? ok... i guess you could probably copy the quake folder into your root (c drive in the phone, but i dont think thats recommended, and it only complicates things. how come you dont have a memory card?? it even comes packaged with the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddiede;
Okay, I like so many others, can't get the shareware Quake.exe file to run properly under XP due to memory allocation errors. I'm in the middle of building a VM of Win98SE and seeing if it can execute there.

In the meantime, thanks so much, Navs for posting the pak file directly. I've got this unzip and un gzip'd to my memory card's quake1/ID1 directory and both the pips c runtime library and floating point unit version of quake SIS files installed on my Nokia E90.

But the game still won't launch. :(

Are there other files (such as a config file or something) that must be present in the quake1/ID1 directory along with the pak file? Could someone post these as well for those of us who can't get the shareware file to execute?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddiede;
bartmanekul, I don't have an N95, I've got an E was the closet avatar pic availabe in my profile selection).

E90 should also have a floating point processor like the N95.

Bless you zoltan82 for packaging the whole she-bang on your blog!!!
I'll be downloading and installing it as soon as I get home today.

Can't wait to see quake running on that HUGE E90 screen!
great you got that sorted did you manage to get it running on the e90?
Ads

Old 07-09-2007, 08:14 PM

Smile It works on the E90!

I finally got it working on the E90!!

Looks like the E90 does NOT have a floating point unit processor like the N95 does, as I had to replaced the installer SIS file with the one made for non FPU phones, but it DOES WORK!!

The game will only launch if you're on the internal screen.

Many programs on the E90 will only work on one screen or the other like SCUMMVM and Picodrive only work properly on the outside screen, while iNes, vSun PLUS (SNES) only, fMSX, and vColeco will work on the internal screen only.

Quake's framerate is expectedly slow due to the no FPU issue but the screen real estate and built in QWERTY keyboard controls can't be beat!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quake's framerate is expectedly slow due to the no FPU issue
That shouldnt slow it, runs fine on mine. Assuming the E90 doesnt have a slower processor than the 6110, have you got some programs running maybe?