All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-07-2007, 07:11 AM

Geraner is on a distinguished road
Problem sending SMS

Hi,

I have realized that my N95 often doesn't sent SMS. The out-box sign on the screen is shown, and normally it goes away after a view seconds, meaning the SMS has been sent.
But for some reasons this doesn't work so often. Sometimes the symbol is till there. When I'm going into "Messages" -> "Out-Box" I still see my SMS there with the information "Sending later". If I try to re-send it, then sometimes the SMS is possible to send immediately or sometimes I have to send it three times, before the SMS disappears.

The strange thing is, that friends tell me later, that they received my SMS two/three times!!
So it means, the N95 shows that the SMS has not been send, but actually it has been send. And while I'm trying to send the SMS again, my friends received the message several times.

What's that!?!?
Anyone have the same problem? It's really annoying not to be sure whether the SMS has now been sent or not and finally by re-sending it, creating more costs for sending SMS because the message has been sent but the N95 doesn't show it.

/Geraner

Old 21-07-2007, 07:52 AM

avithe1 is on a distinguished road
Hi Geraner.,

I'm not too sure about this but I think you should first try out calling your operator and see if all that SMS center settings are correct.

I just hope this is not another bug on V12.0.013

Old 21-07-2007, 08:00 AM

I checked already the settings. The phone uses the settings in the SIM Card.
I also checked the ServiceCenter number for the SMS-service with the information on my providers homepage. It's the same. So the settings look like ok.

Old 23-07-2007, 08:33 PM

trianglethief is on a distinguished road
I've experienced the same problems on Orange network - message is left in Outbox sayind 'deferred' so i resent it and then get told by recipient that i've sent it twice or more! Can't remember if this occured before upgrading to v12.0.013. Sometimes tho messages get sent first time.

Paul

Old 23-07-2007, 10:09 PM

Looks like this is specially happening in connection with Truphone.
If Truphone is on, and connected to my WLAN, then I have those problems from time to time. Even if I have adjusted in Truphone to send SMS always over GSM and not via Truphone.
Since I switched off Truphone and now activate it only when I'm doing a Truphone-Call I don't have this problem anymore.

/Geraner

Old 23-07-2007, 10:16 PM

I think you've found the problem - i've sent 3 texts after i turned off truphone and they all sent first time! I also had Truphone set got GSM only but it still seemed to affect texting.

Paul

Old 24-07-2007, 10:41 AM

Clyde Frog is on a distinguished road
SMS symbol constantly displayed...

I have a similar problem in that the sending SMS symbol is displayed constantly. This has no functional impact but is very annoying as you have to manually check to see when/if each message has been sent by checking the 'Sent' folder. Anyone have a similar issue (or preferably) a fix/solution? Many thanks!

FYI I'm on Orange with firmware v. 10.0.018

Old 24-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Zayshan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
I have a similar problem in that the sending SMS symbol is displayed constantly. This has no functional impact but is very annoying as you have to manually check to see when/if each message has been sent by checking the 'Sent' folder. Anyone have a similar issue (or preferably) a fix/solution? Many thanks!

FYI I'm on Orange with firmware v. 10.0.018

Hi Clyde, I had the same problem when I bought my N95 from Orange. After I upgraded my firmware to V12 the problem seems to have fixed itself! So you might just want to consider upgrading your firmware
Ads

Old 24-07-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayshan View Post
Hi Clyde, I had the same problem when I bought my N95 from Orange. After I upgraded my firmware to V12 the problem seems to have fixed itself! So you might just want to consider upgrading your firmware
Remembe that you will have to debrand your Orange phone first before Nokia Software update will detect any new firmware for it. BAckup your phone first but DON'T restore settings after upgrading firmware or you will lose internet telephony function (Plus it'll put back all the Orange rubbish lol)

Regards

Paul

Old 24-07-2007, 12:51 PM

Clyde Frog is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thanks very much Zayshan & trianglethief!

Old 24-07-2007, 01:28 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog View Post
Thanks very much Zayshan & trianglethief!

Ur welcome Clyde! If you need a decent guide on debranding then PM me as i can't post links yet untill i have posted 10 times

Regards

Paul

Old 24-07-2007, 01:39 PM

vinnyjay is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I have a similar problem on my N95.
Every time i go to send a SMS it just sits in the outbox and has "resend" next to it, but the SMS never sends tho.
(I have tried sending MMS's and they work fine.)
I have upgraded to the latest firmware, this worked for 1 day and now have the same issue again.

I then tried to flash the phone again and also re-set the defaults also turned off all WLAN search and Bluetooth but still i can not send any SMS.

Also i had a problem with the quick launch for the Web, this will not work.
Again this as fixed by the latest firmware flash, however has stopped working now.

All other functions of the phone work apart from sending SMS.

Has anyone any ideas how i can resolve this issue.

Please help.

Phone info:
V 12.0.013
19-06-07
RM-159
Nokia N95 (66.01)

Old 24-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyjay View Post
Hi,

I have a similar problem on my N95.
Every time i go to send a SMS it just sits in the outbox and has "resend" next to it, but the SMS never sends tho.
(I have tried sending MMS's and they work fine.)
I have upgraded to the latest firmware, this worked for 1 day and now have the same issue again.

I then tried to flash the phone again and also re-set the defaults also turned off all WLAN search and Bluetooth but still i can not send any SMS.

Also i had a problem with the quick launch for the Web, this will not work.
Again this as fixed by the latest firmware flash, however has stopped working now.

All other functions of the phone work apart from sending SMS.

Has anyone any ideas how i can resolve this issue.

Please help.

Phone info:
V 12.0.013
19-06-07
RM-159
Nokia N95 (66.01)

Did you check the SMS Message centre setting is correct for ur network provider? I had to reinput mine after i flashed the new firmware

Regards

Paul

Old 24-07-2007, 03:27 PM

vinnyjay is on a distinguished road
Hi Paul,

Yes have checked the SMS Message centre settings and it is correct for my network provider, have also tried another Netowrk provider Sim and changed to their SMS Message centre number and it still doesnt let me send textx on either network!

Regards

Vinny

Old 24-07-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyjay View Post
Hi Paul,

Yes have checked the SMS Message centre settings and it is correct for my network provider, have also tried another Netowrk provider Sim and changed to their SMS Message centre number and it still doesnt let me send textx on either network!

Regards

Vinny
I hope this isn't a V12 problem.... You could try backing up ur phone and resetting it using *#7370# to see if that works. Did you debrand the phone to upgrade the firmware? If so it might be worth changing the product code back to the original one.

Regards

Paul