All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-11-2006, 05:28 PM

MrBade is on a distinguished road
Hello all, ive been having loads of problems with my Nokia 3250 ever since ive had it. most prominently the big freeze after sending text messages, the only way i found to stop it temporarily was to do a quick format. however after sending/recieving about 350 texts this started again. im not the only one either, two other people i know have been having exactly the same problem.

ive just had a replacement 3250 given to me via the o2 shop as my old one totally borked, nothing on the screen so i assume they couldnt fix it. now, firstly, its not recognising my memory card at all, now i havent tried it in another phone so it mught just be the card is nackered. secondly, i am unable to send text messages, i just get a ntification after about 20 seconds saying "unable to send message to X" they just sit in the outbox as failed or deferred.

does anyone know how to alleviate this problem?

***EDIT***

If you find that you cant send a message its because the message centre number in your messaging settings is wrong. To fix this follow these instructions:

Go to messaging > Options > Settings > Text Message > Message Centre > SIM msg. centre

in here you need to make sure the message centre number is +447802000332

Last edited by MrBade; 14-11-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Old 13-11-2006, 06:54 AM

hemu12 is on a distinguished road
problem with display of nokia 3250

hii..i have the problem with the display of nokia 3250.Am not able to see the display it was just appearing in white screen..i dont know what happened..it was working just fine a few days back, but am able to hear the sounds when i dialled a number and when i play a audio or video file with my assumption..would u please help me what to do, so that my phone will work properly with its display again..

Old 15-11-2006, 11:01 AM

vivecmam is on a distinguished road
oi to all...i have a 3250 and i dont have any overall complaints except the fact that when i use the zoom function it doesnt zoom in smoothly.instead the image zooms in with tiny breaks in display.any suggestions about this peculiarity

Old 15-11-2006, 11:32 AM

nj7 is on a distinguished road
Maybe is like that, or is a firmware issue. But is like the old 3230! And 3250 is the line of evolution of 3230, so... should be like that.

Old 15-11-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemu12
hii..i have the problem with the display of nokia 3250.Am not able to see the display it was just appearing in white screen..i dont know what happened..it was working just fine a few days back, but am able to hear the sounds when i dialled a number and when i play a audio or video file with my assumption..would u please help me what to do, so that my phone will work properly with its display again..

i just had the same problem the other week, if its still within the 1 years manufacturers warranty then your retailer should send it back and get it fixed or replaced for free.

Old 15-11-2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivecmam
oi to all...i have a 3250 and i dont have any overall complaints except the fact that when i use the zoom function it doesnt zoom in smoothly.instead the image zooms in with tiny breaks in display.any suggestions about this peculiarity

i dont think there is a way around this mate, its just the way it is on every 3250 i have seen/used.

i still have an overlying problem since i have recieved my new replacement. my micro sd memory card will not work in my 3250. i have formatted it using a card reader, using the 3 different file types, FAT, FAT32 and NTFS but my phone still wont pick it up. ive tried it in my mates phone and it works ok, but his still didnt work in mine. i find it hard to beleive that this brand new phone wont read any memory card! but if i cant fix it within the next few days then its going back to the shop.

anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by MrBade; 15-11-2006 at 12:02 PM.

Old 16-11-2006, 04:54 AM

first off i appreciate your reply to my poser..thank you..id also like u all to kno that i had installed the sms accelerator application which i got from this forum only yesterday and it has worked really fine..now my cell dsnt freeze while sending a txt like it used to earlier and i beleive the majority of u guys had a similar prob.a BIG thank you to this forum.have a nice day..
Ads

Old 16-11-2006, 05:32 AM

oi again..i would like to kno if its necessary to install an anti-virus on my 3250 even tho i dnt use it to surf the net or any other web related purposes..

Old 16-11-2006, 10:08 AM

To have a Virus on your phone You must agree with the installation... is like that on Symbian devices. So, is not a mandatory thing!

Old 16-11-2006, 04:38 PM

evilight is on a distinguished road
Transferring messages

Is there any program which i can use on the 3250 to transfer messages from the phone to the memory stick? Will msvdrivee work on 3250?

Old 16-11-2006, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivecmam
first off i appreciate your reply to my poser..thank you..id also like u all to kno that i had installed the sms accelerator application which i got from this forum only yesterday and it has worked really fine..now my cell dsnt freeze while sending a txt like it used to earlier and i beleive the majority of u guys had a similar prob.a BIG thank you to this forum.have a nice day..
alright mate, where is this sms accelrator software? i cant seem to find it.

Old 18-11-2006, 09:50 AM

sms accelarator

hey mr bade..i got the installer from this forum itself..i dnt remember exactly who had posted the link..my bad..but i guess ull find it if u search for it..laters

Old 18-11-2006, 11:46 AM

firmware v3.24 for nokia 3250

my cell still has firmware v3.18..has anyone in here upgraded their 3250 firmware to v3.24?..let me kno as to how i can go about it when i decide to upgrade too.

Old 20-11-2006, 07:28 AM

firmware v 3.24 for nokia 3250

oi.can anyone tell me wether i have to pay for upgrading my firmware from the current v3.18 to v3.24 if i do it over the internet..?

Old 20-11-2006, 12:46 PM

No. With NSU tool is a free service.