All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-03-2010, 02:03 AM

marcb is on a distinguished road
Recommendations on screen protector for n97?

Hello,

I just received my Nokia N97 in the mail and realized I forgot to order a screen protector.

Does anyone have recommendations for one?

I would prefer a matte one and would hope it does not reduce the touch sensitivity too much. (I'm not planning on getting a case... I would rather not add bulk.)

I searched these forums and found some posts on cases and one post recommending the following screen protector:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/martin-fi...ack-p19615.htm

I could not find the same one by a US retailer. That is one other requirement... I need to be able to purchase it.

Thanks,

-Marc

Old 30-03-2010, 07:35 AM

bang bang boom is on a distinguished road
I'll have a look at mine when i get home later... I bought mine off ebay 10 for 2.99

i've not used them yet as the one that came on the fone is still on and i've had it about 3/4 weeks

Old 30-03-2010, 09:04 AM

GremlinUK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcb View Post
I searched these forums and found some posts on cases and one post recommending the following screen protector:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/martin-fi...ack-p19615.htm
I bought this from mobile fun following recommendations. After about 3 weeks the corner started peeling up and would not stay flat.

I contacted Martin Fields to claim on warranty and they told me to contact the company I purchased them from for a replacement. I contacted Mobilefun and they asked me to send it back to them. I posted it back to them and they claim to not have received it nor are they willing to do anything to assist me. OK, i didnt send it recorded delivery, but all other all other post sent at the same time reached it's destination ok.

Becuase of this bad experience, I would avoid both the product (Martin Fields N97 Screen protector) as it's not up to the job (in my experience) and the reseller (Mobile Fun) you suggested.

Last edited by GremlinUK; 30-03-2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo
Ads

Old 30-03-2010, 02:49 PM

spirit44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinUK View Post
I bought this from mobile fun following recommendations. After about 3 weeks the corner started peeling up and would not stay flat.

I contacted Martin Fields to claim on warranty and they told me to contact the company I purchased them from for a replacement. I contacted Mobilefun and they asked me to send it back to them. I posted it back to them and they claim to not have received it nor are they willing to do anything to assist me. OK, i didnt send it recorded delivery, but all other all other post sent at the same time reached it's destination ok.

Becuase of this bad experience, I would avoid both the product (Martin Fields N97 Screen protector) as it's not up to the job (in my experience) and the reseller (Mobile Fun) you suggested.
i bought a martin fields screen protector thinking it must be really good, and it was. very thin, screen was still responsive and bright. but the protector is rubbish in every other way, its easily scratched and marked, and also started to peel off

get cheap one instead. I gave up on screen protectors, just have the screen bare, and i prefer it that way now

Old 30-03-2010, 03:11 PM

bang bang boom is on a distinguished road
How long did your original screen protector last?

Like i said mine has stayed on 3 to 4 weeks i've had the fone and its still intact... Its full of scratches but im hoping the actual screen is scratch free as im hoping to keep the screen scratch free.... If thats at all possable

Old 30-03-2010, 03:26 PM

jmurch is on a distinguished road
http://www.ghost-armor.com/nokia/cat_20.html

best out there IMO. Lifetime warranty full body protection. My mini works great with it.

http://www.ghost-armor.com/nokia/cat_20.html

Jeff

Old 30-03-2010, 03:28 PM

TurtlePower is on a distinguished road
just get some cheap ones and expect to change it every month or 2 - at 2 - 3 for 5 - 10 they aren't too much money.

I had an expensive one 2 for about 5 and they were about as good as the cheap ones!