All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Chimp View Post
Not sure how you can only give the 3GS only 6 for speed when it's the fastest device I have ever used. Also why the modest score on video recording, it is the same level as all current Nokia devices. In fact their is only one higher rated device in this area & that's the i8910HD as far as I am concerned.
Yes, the 3GS is fast, but YOU CAN'T MULTITASK. You can't leave something playing in the background while you do something else etc. Maybe I'll split the two parameters, to make things clearer though - nice point!

[Now done - go try the Grid again 8-) ]

Steve

Last edited by slitchfield; 29-06-2009 at 06:40 AM.

Old 29-06-2009, 08:41 AM

Super Chimp is on a distinguished road
Thank you for that.

I am certainly not going to dispute on the lack of multitasking on the iphone.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

corrections needed

The scores for the n82 need to be adjusted. Comparing the n82 to the n95 8gb, there are some that are way lower for the n82. For example speed, a 5 for n82 and 8 for n95 8gb, same processor, same firmware. Software stability as well a 7 and a 9, both devices have the same firmwares, no difference whatsoever. The still photography segment seems to be evaluated simply on the amount of megapixels each device is capable of capturing. n82 should have a 10 even though it has 5mp, the inclusion of xenon is a godsend, otherwise you can create segments separating night and daytime still photography. Video recording 8 and 9, between n82 and n95 8gb, and yet no difference. Screen font size between n82 and e75, and yet again no difference. Gaming and graphics, there should not be difference between omnia hd and 3gs. A 6 for n86 and n96 in gaming and graphics is very high, sorry, especially the n96.

In general, the grid is a good evaluation of the devices' capabilities.
Ads