All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-09-2008, 07:12 AM

diesel3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe View Post
If you have any questions about the Nokia N78 please let me know and I (or someone else) will do our best to get them answered.

Rafe

Links of Interest:
N78 Gallery
N78 Preview
Hi! i just bought a China made Nokia N78 but when i transferred videos from my PC to my phone it only ran up to 36 minutes of the whole playing time. I tried different videos (avi, 3gpp etc) and converted them to different types of video converters and played it on my phone but still got the same result. Can you help me why is this so? I'm getting frustrated...Thanks..

Old 04-10-2008, 03:34 AM

capfelix is on a distinguished road
Red face Current NSU don't allows N78 reflashing

Hi,

Currently my N78 is using the latest firmware v12.046. Recently I changed the product code to make use of different language set but to my dismay, I found the newest NSU doesn't allows me to reflash my phone since it's already running the latest version.

Did anyone of you face this problem? Is there anyway to trick NSU to reflash my N78 again?

Please advise!

Old 10-10-2008, 05:11 AM

mo98 is on a distinguished road
Every Nokia I have owned or played with has a simple standby clock screensaver. The N78 seems to be missing this feature. Does anyone know if there is some kind of trick to get it to show up?

I have tried cclock and largetime, but neither app works when the keypack lock is on. I want to be able to glance at my phone to check the time, date, or see if I have missed calls or texts. Even the new E71 has this feature. Any ideas?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:40 PM

jwaisanen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo98 View Post
I have tried cclock and largetime, but neither app works when the keypack lock is on. I want to be able to glance at my phone to check the time, date, or see if I have missed calls or texts. Even the new E71 has this feature. Any ideas?
if you have missed calls or texts, the "breathe" feature will glow twice instead of the slow single one.

i haven't figured out the clock screensaver, mostly because i like the black - i assume it saves battery. if i need the time, i just press a button without unlocking it and it lights up for a second.

Old 13-10-2008, 06:29 PM

mo98 is on a distinguished road
I got an email from Nokia care, and they confirmed that there is no standby clock in the software. You can find apps to do the same thing, but the clock will not display once the keypad locks. I have my keypad on autolock after 1 min, so apps like largetime and cclock just don't do it for me.

Old 29-12-2008, 11:25 AM

sneed is on a distinguished road
n78 backlight problems

hi...searched hi and low for a quick fix to my problem...the backlight turns off after 3 seconds it only stays on for a long time when using the maps app...anyone that can help me pls do! Its very frustrating to double tap on the buttons to see what u doing on the screen and yes the backlight settings is set to the max in the settings menu

Old 29-12-2008, 04:51 PM

mcsleazycrisps is on a distinguished road
This usually happens when the phone is set to autolock (with a code). Turn that off and the light timeout problems should disappear..

Old 12-01-2009, 04:37 AM

Deegore is on a distinguished road
N78 tv-out?

Some reviews say it has tv out, others say it does not. Can someone say for sure if the N78 has this feature?
Also a somewhat related question, how well do emulators(nes, super nes) play on this phone?

Old 19-01-2009, 02:58 PM

buglawton is on a distinguished road
I just posted "Lost automatic search on links in SMS - how to restore it?" on another thread, not allowed to post the url here, anyway any suggestions appreciated!

Old 26-01-2009, 06:28 AM

clayman is on a distinguished road
Question Nokia stopped n78 production?

I heard that nokia has stopped producing n78. Can someone confirm this?

Also, I heard that n78 freezes a lot. Also that it has problems recognizing the memory stick & that it freezes while recognizing the audio files stored on the mem card.
Also have read about various other problems with n78.
Can someone please tell me how valid these are and is it worth buying it. I currently have a SE G700.
I like to have a performance comparison.

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 26-01-2009, 09:09 AM

buglawton is on a distinguished road
There's a new firmware revision for the N78 out Dec/Jan and becoming available bit by bit depending on network operator. Most of the feedback from early adopters seems good. Nokia has a lot of similar model with overlapping functionalities so no surprise of they drop some models.

I bought the N78 for some specific functions e.g. the WiFi and ability to convert it into a WiFi hotspot. Anything else is a bonus.

Old 23-03-2009, 03:56 PM

diea is on a distinguished road
Hi all, I need to update my N78 to version 20 I found the product codes here in the forum - Thanks - but I don't know wich one contain the arabic language and wich one can I use to make the FOTA work?

Old 23-03-2009, 04:18 PM

darenhoff is on a distinguished road
N78

How can I play .wmv file (windows media 8 coded) on My N78?
Thanx
Ads

Old 26-04-2009, 05:05 PM

sajawal is on a distinguished road
help

hey, i just bought a new n78
and the problem em facing is wid the video is,
when i play it sumtymes the screen doesnt
show anythin as in the real player shows its logo
or the real player screen goes blank and u cud
only hear the audio but no video!!

Old 15-06-2009, 09:55 AM

cindy is on a distinguished road
N78

I am facing the same problem about the video. got sound but unable to view video. can someone tell me what is going on?