All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 15-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansearle View Post
Bought my Nokia N86 at the Nokia Store at Heathrow. Still cannot get the minor upgrade from January and now a major hike to v30 and still I am told "your device software is already up to date".

The product code is 0586171. I am so fed up that I plan to change the product code (and invalidate my warranty). Any idea what I should change it to so that I can get the v30 firmware?
It won't invalidate the warranty.

Old 15-04-2010, 10:03 PM

DamianDinning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by _fakefur View Post
*sigh* ... same old same old with trying to update ... OTA sees it and tells me to use NSU ... NSU tells me 11.043 is the latest

unlocked SIM free phone here bought retail

this and email are why i hate this phone ... the rest is great but since email is almost #1 for me i just get exceedingly frustrated

oh well my htc desire rocks at least
What is the product code?

br

D

Old 15-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianDinning View Post
You shouldn't need to but I have seen issues after updates resolved with a factory reset. Have you tried that already?

RE point 4. We have not been able to replicate this and therefore hard to fix. I tried myself repeatedly and couldn't get my device to do it either. Any information you can provide which may help us replicate this would be great. If you do perform a factory reset it would be good to know if you can replicate this issue before reinstalling your content and apps etc. That way we maybe able to isolate it to a particualr app for example.

atb

D
Damian, any chance of new camera features/improvements in the next N86 fw update? A la v31? Are there any more fw updates expected for the N86, or any later in the year? Do you know?

Old 16-04-2010, 12:18 AM

nparayo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramfan View Post
My N86, on contract with Orange, is still on V11.043. Software update claims that the software is all up to date. Come on Orange, get your act together!
same I think ill annoy the call centre staff, maybe they might stop controlling the firmware on future Nokias.

I don't get it why do they do it? Why not just let the phone be and let Nokia deal with it? Why do Nokia allow this to be done to their phones it tarnishes their brand too.

Long shot any chance anyone knows how to debrand the phone from Orange then?

also can someone tell me if there is an option for e-mail notification pop-ups now? like a text message does.

Old 16-04-2010, 01:48 AM

Recidivist is on a distinguished road
I've found too many small changes to list, but generally so far this seems like a really good update. Good job Nokia chaps/ladies.

Those changelists floating around have a few questionable/demonstrably inaccurate changes listed though so I wouldn't trust them too much.

Old 16-04-2010, 02:18 AM
Lloydo

Contacts bar

I was really hoping this update would bring the contacts bar from other phones (e.g. 5730 XpressMusic and the new C6)…

I miss the rotating carousel of my N95 8GB… I had it set to bring up my top 5 contacts when I pushed the <> button (you know what I’m getting at) and from there I could either press the middle button to start a new SMS or press the call button to dial. Such a time saver and I find my N86 a comparative pain to use…

Old 16-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Unregistered

call log

Call log fixed like on Symbian^1 (5th ed) phones?? I know I know...give it a rest...wishful thinking perhaps....

Old 16-04-2010, 04:24 AM

tstray is on a distinguished road
I'm not getting the option to update from either NSU or Software Updater on the device. I'm using the North America edition. Has anyone else with this edition been able to update to V30 firmware?

Old 16-04-2010, 05:03 AM

RS77 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Call log fixed like on Symbian^1 (5th ed) phones?? I know I know...give it a rest...wishful thinking perhaps....
No, it is not fixed in V30.
------------------------------------------
- S60inside - S60 News, Infos, Tests -

Old 16-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy fm transmitter

oh no! My fm transmitter is gone! Anyone have this problem? When i try to start it up it says that the feature is not supported! Help!

Old 16-04-2010, 05:55 AM

djfoxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianDinning View Post
You shouldn't need to but I have seen issues after updates resolved with a factory reset. Have you tried that already?

RE point 4. We have not been able to replicate this and therefore hard to fix. I tried myself repeatedly and couldn't get my device to do it either. Any information you can provide which may help us replicate this would be great. If you do perform a factory reset it would be good to know if you can replicate this issue before reinstalling your content and apps etc. That way we maybe able to isolate it to a particualr app for example.

atb

D

Hi DamianDinning, it´s great, that a developer is here.

I use my Nokia N86 without any optional apps and have the camere bug too.
(Since the firmware i started (V10...)

It´sporadically, your phone is in standby-mode (keylock active),
You open the camera slider,shoot a picture and close the slider.
The mobilphone goes back in standby-mode, but sometimes the mechanical arperture/shutter keeps open. --> After one or two hours the fully charged mobilphone is empty.

Skirting bug:

After taking a picture first close the camera software (You see at the lens, the camera shutter close... and then close the camera slider.

Perhaps it´s a problem with combination of swap back to standby-mode...

Old 16-04-2010, 06:01 AM
Gaurav luthra

Thumbs down nokia messaging problem

hey guys.... after updating v30 firmware .nokia messaging lost send & recieve and syncronisation option.. i m not able to sync or send recieve after update

Old 16-04-2010, 06:02 AM

widehead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
oh no! My fm transmitter is gone! Anyone have this problem? When i try to start it up it says that the feature is not supported! Help!
Yikes! Just tried mine and it's ok. Have you tried a reset?

Old 16-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

I have seen it reported that this update removes the n-gage application and its games. Can anyone that has installed the update if this is the case.

Thanks
Ads

Old 16-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Angry FM transmitter gone

After i update my fw to v30, i am unable to use my fm transmitter anymore. Even if i did a hard reset.

I sent to my local Nokia care center. They say v30 is not stable and i have to wait for v31 to fix my fm transmitter problem.