All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-07-2009, 03:29 AM

shivi4 is on a distinguished road
Reinstalling an application downloaded on ovi store

I have uninstall an application which i downloaded and install from ovi store but when i try to reinstall it say resource on available .so how do i download the app from ovi store again.the uninstall app still shows on my ovi store my apps list

Old 26-07-2009, 03:50 AM

Hooksym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivi4 View Post
I have uninstall an application which i downloaded and install from ovi store but when i try to reinstall it say resource on available .so how do i download the app from ovi store again.the uninstall app still shows on my ovi store my apps list
Unfortunately, you don't. Incredibly, the Ovi store provides NO provision to redownload apps. They are aware of the issue, but have done nothing about it.

Do not buy anything from the store. Only download free apps. For the pay apps, look at the developer's name and go to their site or someplace like Handango or the Brighthand Software store to download it and/or buy it.

It is inexcusable.

Old 26-07-2009, 03:43 PM

RogerPodacter is on a distinguished road
Yes this has been brought up before. There is no way to redownload an app that you purchased. Even nokia support tells you to purchase it again. I only purchased one app and as soon as i learned this i never used the ovi store again. Sure i use the free apps. But never again will i buy an app from the ovi store. Horrible nokia. Just horrible.
Ads

Old 26-07-2009, 09:39 PM

Gerco is on a distinguished road
This is not my experience... I lost a commercial app. I contacted OVI support and after sending them the purchase confirmation, they sent me a download link by SMS so you can redownload the software. They also told me that this was the common way of dealing with this.

Worked fine for me, and the good thing is that when you download it that way, you can save the installer for your own backup.

Old 26-07-2009, 11:45 PM

Hooksym is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerco View Post
This is not my experience... I lost a commercial app. I contacted OVI support and after sending them the purchase confirmation, they sent me a download link by SMS so you can redownload the software. They also told me that this was the common way of dealing with this.

Worked fine for me, and the good thing is that when you download it that way, you can save the installer for your own backup.
I guess two things.

First, I'm very happy it worked for you that way. It did not for me and I sent them my purchase confirmation. It is clear that, at best, there maybe a couple of people at Ovi support who know what's going on, but many don't and, from the evidence, it is hard to get them.

Second, if this is the way it is supposed to work, it is a horrible system. There is no reason that the store app can't determine that you own the app and the phone you have registered has a license for that app and send a re-download SMS to that phone. Even if it worked, it is an unacceptable solution (In my opinion, of course).

Old 27-07-2009, 10:01 AM

Gerco is on a distinguished road
I can't agree with you more that it is not the way it should be. What I meant was, they say it is the way for now until they have solved the issue.

It is however very unprofessional that I ended up with someone who dealt with it in a customer friendly way, whereas other people at the support team apparently think different... :(

I'd say, contact them anyway and tell them that other collegues DO help customers...

Old 27-07-2009, 04:25 PM

RogerPodacter is on a distinguished road
that's strange because there are many other people who have not been allowed to re-download a purchased app after they hard reset their phone. in each and every case, nokia ovi support could not help them one bit. this is the first i've heard of an "sms download link". hopefully they've changed their policy then.