All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-06-2009, 08:19 PM

Shwaa is on a distinguished road
The -01 thing looks like it might work. Just tried it and I got the same "Not all tracking information is available at this time. Please try again later. " but Nokia's own tracking currently is only showing that the parcel has left their warehouse (at 17:15 apparently). Might just be some delay in it being registered properly in UPS's system.

Old 17-06-2009, 08:24 PM

sjdean is on a distinguished road
Then I think its duff information. I know mine hasn't been shipped, and I get the same message. Sorry guys.

Old 18-06-2009, 01:15 PM

zxon is on a distinguished road
OMG! OMG! OMG! IT'S ON IT'S WAY!!

I've been refreshing my order history page and it has JUST THIS MINUTE changed to say that it's been shipped!!

I haven't received a shipping email yet, so I'm just taking a screenshot and removing personal details as proof.

[EDIT] Screenshot attached. I've pixellated out my personal details and the names of the other tabs I have open in Firefox, but here it is!!

[EDIT] Now I've received my shipping email!
Quote:
Dear ****** ******

Your order, as detailed below, was shipped on 18-6-2009. You have been charged £ 527.99 for the products you ordered.

Order number CNL******

Cardholder: ****** ******
Phone: ****** ******

Delivery Details:
Recipient: ****** ******
Phone: ****** ******
Delivery method: Express (1-3 days) £ 9.99

Order Summary:
Qty/Description/IMEI: 1 / Nokia N97 (SKU# 002M5F7) / ***IMEI*** Qty/Description/IMEI: 1 / Nokia Battery BP-4L (SKU# 0276951) /
Sub total: £ 518.00
Discount: -£ 0.00
Delivery cost: £ 9.99
VAT: £ 68.87
Order total: £ 527.99
[EDIT (again)] BTW sjdean was right about the tracking number being the same as the order number with "-01" added to the end. I think what Nokia must do is reserve these tracking numbers with UPS whenever you make an order with them which is why, even when you know the item(s) haven't been shipped, the UPS site hints that the tracking number is genuine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	onitsway.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	4484  

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Last edited by zxon; 18-06-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Old 18-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Wow.

Because it seems Barclaycard have got a problem with payment processing at the moment, although the stock came in at Nokia, they have cancelled my order without speaking to me first.

I asked if they could reinstate the order if I speak to Barclaycard, they say, No! They say they would have to create a new order and I would be moved to the back of the queue.

I said this is outrageous, how long would it take?

They advised "One to two weeks"

So I ordered at Expansys, where their systems declined my Visa, then declined my Mastercard. I went through the AntiFraud checks with Visa and went through with Expansys again. Failed again. This time, they entered the wrong three digits of my security code!

BAH!

Im never going to get an N97!

Old 18-06-2009, 03:28 PM

Those who have been (somehow) disappointed by the N97 would probably say that someone's trying to tell you something through divine intervention.

Can you use a debit card instead?

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Old 18-06-2009, 04:04 PM

munkiii is on a distinguished road
Got my shipping email and confirmation through now.

Hopefully it'll arrive early tomorrow.

Old 18-06-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkiii View Post
Got my shipping email and confirmation through now.

Hopefully it'll arrive early tomorrow.
You really think it's going to arrive tomorrow? I have my doubts that it will, but I'll won't complain if mine turned up tomorrow too.

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk

Old 18-06-2009, 06:48 PM

Peebles is on a distinguished road
Looking back at my order for the N96 this arrived the day after dispatch, this was direct from the Nokia UK shop. So with any luck there should be some N97's arriving at peoples doors tomorrow. So that's a 3 hour flight to UK, the ups hub is in Birmingham, and a three hour drive to my house, so I should get mine at

Old 18-06-2009, 07:54 PM

bowman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdean View Post
BAH!

Im never going to get an N97!
I would be spectacularly annoyed if I were in your shoes (and I have no doubt you are annoyed). I trust you'll be firing off a complaint to Nokia. Their entire ordering system is utterly hopeless. I've ordered dozens of things on the internet and every site - big and small companies - kept me up to date with what was happening with my order as it happened. I'm stunned a company the size of Nokia does things in such a half-arsed way. It's pitiful.

On a related issue (and not meaning to rub salt in your wounds) my N97 was ordered at 10:45 and has shipped, so will be here tomorrow a.m. (as long as the postal strike doesn't completely bollocks things up).

Old 18-06-2009, 08:04 PM

My next formal complaint to Nokia:

Quote:
Dear Sir or Madam,

I must now make a second formal complaint, the second in two days, however I do feel that I will be fobbed off and any issues excused as simply being my problem.

Once again, by midday on the 18th June 2009, I sat waiting for my White Nokia N97 that I had pre-ordered on 13th June. I had no confirmation one way or the other from Nokia that my order was being dealt with.

Monitoring the expansys.co.uk website, I noted that their stock levels of N97s were rapidly falling due to people choosing to purchase at expansys rather than being left in limbo with Nokia with no guarantees, no information and no phones. Expansys at least could guarantee next day shipping.

I phoned Nokia customer service at midday to enquire as to the status of my phone. The gentleman who answered was friendly but could only hope that the phone would be shipped tomorrow – he could offer no information other than that. I asked, if Nokia really were running on a first come first served basis, do they know at least how far through the back log they are? The answer, was a resounding no.

I decided to stick with my Nokia order as I really wanted the white phone.

I received notice from Nokia at 3pm that my order could now be processed.

But by 3.10pm, the elation turned to despair when Nokia decided by themselves that my order would be cancelled due to being unable to take payment from my card.

My credit card company, Barclaycard, are notorious for flagging anything “unusual” as potential fraud. This is part of their anti-fraud measures. Most companies I have dealt with simply put the order on hold while the issue is dealt with, they then retry the transaction and succeed.

Hoping I could simply re-instate the order after clearing Barclaycards checks, I phoned Nokia to explain.

I was told in no uncertain terms that the order could not be reinstated and that I would have to make a new order which would send me to the back of the queue in the wait for an N97. The service representative petulantly proclaimed that it was not his problem that my card got declined.

I explained that it is an anti-fraud measure and it is their problem that their systems don't allow to put the order on hold to get the issue rectified. It is Nokias problem that their systems are so inflexible and I am unable to re-open an existing and valid order. I also consider it Nokias problems that they lack the most fundamental and basic concepts of customer service. They do as little as possible to help.

Realising defeat from a closed system and poor service, I asked how long it would take me to get my phone once I had made a new order. I was told that this would take one to two weeks.
I need my new phone, so I purchased at expansys.co.uk instead and am due to receive the phone tomorrow.

Once again I feel let down by the lack of communication and bad customer service from Nokia. It was not my fault the card was declined – this is an anti-fraud measure by my card issuer. I had advised them earlier in the week of the purchase and was told that there would be no problem.

If I placed the same order again at Nokia, would I end up receiving the same problem because Nokia cannot retry authorisation?

I simply cannot believe that Nokia would cancel my order without checking with me first or without putting it on hold. I cannot believe that I was then told I would lose my place in the queue and would have to wait for up to two weeks through no fault of my own.

I used nokia.co.uk to get a phone straight from the manufacturer, I also wanted to get the White variant N97. However I also signed up to Quidco and should have receive a 15% cashback on the order representing a £74.85 saving.

I consider that Nokia has now cost me £74.85 due to one of the worst customer service experiences and online ordering systems I have ever encountered. I would therefore like to know what I can expect from Nokia by way of an apology to make up for the time and trouble spent in chasing up your own products.

I have purchased an N97 from elsewhere, perhaps you could offer me some goodwill compensation?

I feel awkward even asking this question, but it is the actions of Nokia that have ended up costing me through no fault of my own. Who cancelled my order and told me I would have to wait two weeks? Nokia. Who don't have systems in place which account for anti-fraud measures in place at credit card companies? Nokia.

No other retailer have these policies. My card was declined at Expansys, but a call to Barclaycard and a call back to Expansys reinstated the order and allocated my phone which is now on its way to me.

I now consider whether I should buy anything else from Nokia shops ever again!

I look forward to your considered reply.

Old 18-06-2009, 10:15 PM

Wow! If I ever need to complain to anyone, I'm gonna have to give you a call!

Very well written! I assume you've sent it already?

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk

Old 19-06-2009, 06:55 AM

Thanks for the compliment. I do one simple thing. I put myself in the customers position and think, what do I expect when I make an order online?

Communication. Reliability. Customer Service.

I should not have to chase the supplier, they should keep me informed. They should keep their promises. If there is a problem, I expect them to help and not just fob me off.

Start off with saying what you expected based on your years of online shopping.
Explain what happened.
Explain what you didn't get.
Tell them what you want.
Ads

Old 19-06-2009, 09:02 AM

simuk is on a distinguished road
My black N97 arrived at about 9:45 this morning. Also there was some doubt if it'd come with a stylus or not, but it does.

Old 19-06-2009, 09:32 AM

davecozens is on a distinguished road
But do you like it?

Old 19-06-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simuk View Post
My black N97 arrived at about 9:45 this morning. Also there was some doubt if it'd come with a stylus or not, but it does.
You said yesterday that you received your shipping confirmation email at roughly the same time. Does this mean that we can all expect to receive our phones roughly 24 hours after we receive the shipping email (Assuming 24 hours later lands on a weekday)?

If so, I can expect mine to arrive early this afternoon

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk