All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Sports Tracker out and about around Edinburgh

Steve has already taken an in-depth look at Polar Bit / Sports Tracker combination (see his review here), but now I’ve got my hands on the Bluetooth heart rate monitor so it can talk to my X6, it’s time for my opinions. But if you want the short answer, the Sports Tracker eco-system is growing and I’m loving every step they’ve taken. Read on...

Read on in the full article.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

garmin

Good review, I had been using Endomondo for a little while and found it fantastic. I was considering buying a heart rate monitor but was put off by the price, around 100. So instead I went for the garmin forerunner gps watch which includes heart rate monitor. Whilst I'll still use Endomondo and maybe now sportstracker on my mobile, the sports watch wins out for me for several reasons- it's far easier to wear - can't really run with a big phone in my pocket. It's also easy to read whilst running or cycling. It's water proof so can be used in the pouring rain. The battery life is fantastic and the it's not tom expensive considering how good it is - I picked it up new for 130. The one big advantage of using my mobile is that data can be easily uploaded directly.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:53 PM

legionnaire is on a distinguished road
Just turn it on and leave it running for a week?

With the old StepCounter, i can happily leave it running for a week or more. Can I do that with the SportsTracker? (on either a 5800, n85 or n97). I charge nightly. I don't have the BT heart rate monitor, so that should be simpler.

Also, how do I tell it to use map data on the phone and not attempt a connection to my carrier's network?
Ads