All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
The Sony Ericsson Vivaz pro starts to ship

According to the official Sony Ericsson Product Blog, the qwerty-equipped Vivaz pro has now started to ship in 'selected markets' (we're pushing for a review unit - watch this space). The blog also confirms that both the Vivaz and Vivaz pro have now been tested and support 32GB microSD cards. As a reminder, here's our launch story on the Vivaz pro.

Read on in the full article.

Old 26-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Question Confused with N8/C6 vs. vivaz pro

Hi,

I was about to get between N8 or C6. but this vivaz pro seems better, it's all I want: QWERTY based phone with a HD recoding capability.

Is there anything why I should or should not get this phone. I'm a long user of Nokia symbian phone. Starting from Nokia 3650, Nokia 6600, Nokia E61i, Nokia N81.

I'm asking this because I was sold to the nokia ovi idea. If I got this Vivaz pro, can it load my google or yahoo or hotmail or even ovi mail on the phone?

What's about the map? can I preload the map in vivaz the way ovi map did? or can it use ovi map?

Can it run a regular S60 apps? such as skype for S60? opera mobile for S60? Nimbuzz for S60?

Can someone here please tell me what should I expect and not expect from this phone is? Thank you
Ads

Old 26-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Dazzy is on a distinguished road
Ovi services cant be run on the Vivaz. Are any phone that isnt Nokia, unless it is using a hacked firmware.

Apps work fine including Skype

Ordinary Vivaz has a number of bugs that have yet to be fixed, and if it wasnt for SPB Mobile Shell i would have ditched mine already. The video/camera light is a joke as Steve will confirm.

Old 27-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down But

is it upgradable to symbian 3? if not despite the hardware its dead on arrival

Old 27-05-2010, 07:22 AM

clonmult is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These sort of comments are quite incredibly mind bogglingly stupid.

As long as the phone works, does what you want, and gets firmware updates/bug fixes, it doesn't really matter if it gets a Symbian^3 upgrade (which is unlikely).

Old 27-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

not really, because everybody and his wife knows 5th edition is rotten. now i agree the vast majority of people will buy this on hardware looks just like they did with the N97. But those of us who actually follow these things won't touch it with a shitty stick

Old 27-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up

If there is a mythical N8 with a keyboard now would be a good time for Nokia to start leaking pictures to Mr Blurrycam

Old 30-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's about zero chance to see Symbian 3 on it. First no Symbian 1 phone is going to get the Symbian 3 upgrade, second - and more important - it's Sony Ericsson we're talking about. The phone you get on release date is the phone you'll have in two years, maybe one or two really small bugfixes, leaving the most outstanding bugs unfixed of course. Which is fine for anybody just buying this phone for calling and taking pictures, and completely useless for the rest. Fortunately the rest should already know about SE by now.