All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 04-03-2010, 09:25 AM
shailankian shailankian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10
shailankian is on a distinguished road
Sports Tracker

Hi, is there an equivalent to nokia sports tracker that i can use on my N97.
cheers.

  #2  
Old 04-03-2010, 09:32 AM
ironass's Avatar
ironass ironass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cotswolds, U.K.
Posts: 1,508
ironass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailankian View Post
Hi, is there an equivalent to nokia sports tracker that i can use on my N97.
cheers.
See here:-

http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...t/n97/software
__________________
N8 Release PR1.2 Software version 014.002 date 2011-03-01 Product code 0598980 Manufactured Finland

  #3  
Old 04-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Idle Mind Idle Mind is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Idle Mind is on a distinguished road
See Nokia have been a bit crap with Sports Tracker for S60v5, that link seems to infer it is available for N97 but if you go through to the official download section of the website there is no option to choose any v5 phone.
If you do a search you'll find a few versions to download from other sites that work on N97 - this site http://www.n97geeks.com/Applications...s-Tracker.html has all 3 that have been made available (newer ones in comments at the bottom).
I'm currently using 2.06 off there and it works fine - but it would be nice to have an official download link from Nokia!

  #4  
Old 04-03-2010, 11:35 AM
N/A's Avatar
N/A N/A is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,948
N/A is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Mind View Post
See Nokia have been a bit crap with Sports Tracker for S60v5, that link seems to infer it is available for N97 but if you go through to the official download section of the website there is no option to choose any v5 phone.
If you do a search you'll find a few versions to download from other sites that work on N97 - this site http://www.n97geeks.com/Applications...s-Tracker.html has all 3 that have been made available (newer ones in comments at the bottom).
I'm currently using 2.06 off there and it works fine - but it would be nice to have an official download link from Nokia!
Probably not going to happen. Nokia is no longer developing the Sports Tracker app or service & the guys responsible for it left the company about a year ago to form their own company based on Sports Tracker (they still seem to operate in stealth mode).
Ads

  #5  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:01 AM
shailankian shailankian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10
shailankian is on a distinguished road
thanks Idle Mind, that worked.

  #6  
Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 AM
lovesign's Avatar
lovesign lovesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Suffolk, UK
Posts: 1,018
lovesign is on a distinguished road
And now there's Endomondo, from the creators of the original Sports Tracker,,,

http://www.endomondo.com/login
__________________
Rob (aka Failed Muso)

I Hate People Who Take Drugs.....

Customs Men For Example


V 22.0.110
(Custom Version 22.0.110.C01.01)
11-06-10
RM-505
Nokia N97

v 21.0.004
(Custom Version 21.0.004.209.03)
01-07-2010
RM-559
Nokia X6-00

6110 > 7110 > 6210i > 8210 > 7650 > 6600 > 6680 > N73 > N95 > 5800> N97 > X6

  #7  
Old 08-03-2010, 04:04 PM
N/A's Avatar
N/A N/A is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,948
N/A is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesign View Post
And now there's Endomondo, from the creators of the original Sports Tracker,,,

http://www.endomondo.com/login
Nope. That company seems to have been founded by former McKinsey guys in Denmark (not former Nokia people in/from Finland):

http://www.endomondo.com/about

The former Nokia guys have set up this company: http://www.sportstrackingtechnologies.com/
 

Bookmarks

Tags
sports, tracker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sports Tracker runs out of Nokia to become a new start-up Ewan Links of Interest 9 22-10-2009 02:10 PM
Secrets of the new Sports Tracker widget Rafe Series 60 32 06-05-2009 11:11 AM
Sports Tracker Question henkc Nokia N81 and Nokia N82 3 24-03-2009 12:15 AM
Sports Tracker to Life Tracker slitchfield Links of Interest 0 02-05-2008 09:04 AM
Sports Tracker goes Web 2.0! slitchfield Links of Interest 8 22-11-2007 08:58 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:09 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy