All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-12-2009, 04:59 PM

javediq_143 is on a distinguished road
PC suite not taking SMS backup of 6630

Hi All,
I had 6630 and now i moved to N95. Now I want to copy all my messages from phone memory of 6630 to N95. I downloaded latest version of PC suite 7.1.30.9

I tried using the USB cable of my phone and also blue tooth device for backup. The content copier runs and report that some error occured in process. It says that Multimedia msgs can be copied to other phone whereas not the text msgs!!
Theres only some screensaver or images which one of my friend has sended me from her companys website but those have been backedup earlier from pc suite.

I also tried to view the messages from message option and it shows only 443 sms whereas there are 1200 in inbox. This situation is same for drafts and send items too. They all had many sms but pc suite shows less. It processes to load and after lot of time get over without any increase in number. I tried to uninstall and reinstall pc suite but no help.

Can some body help me as how to backup my msg. I cant let them go no matter if i have to keep my phone all my life

From this thread http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=71236 I came to know that i need to install pc suite on a system which never had before. Also can I move my msgs from phone to my MMC and then backup from MMC. If yes then how this can be done. Any help on this??
Ads