All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-09-2009, 09:15 AM
vip32

I donít care about the kinetic scrolling. But where is the feature that the whole phone was released around... SKYPE!!! the fully integrated Skype phone... but am I the only person that thought this would have been one big benefit. I know that some of the mobile networks are complaining, unfortunitly I am on one of those networks.

also I got a message form "My Nokia" saying there was new software available for my phone yesterday but when I go up upgrade it says I am on the latest version... Please Nokia would you stop giving people false hope.

I have to admit that the hardware is superior but come on please sort the software out please

Old 05-10-2009, 07:30 AM
RayanT

Talking N97 firrmware 2.0 Release date Confirmed

Hi Guys,

The release date has been confirmed it will be sometime between 21-10-2009 & 26-10-2009.

I just checked with Nokia International...

Old 06-10-2009, 09:48 AM

BrotherLuc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayanT View Post
Hi Guys,

The release date has been confirmed it will be sometime between 21-10-2009 & 26-10-2009.

I just checked with Nokia International...
That's be TOO LONG...

Screw Nokia for making people wait. It's a torture and unacceptable for the lame update.

For users of c2z, which means that for firmware V20, c2z is either not needed anymore or can't work, right?

Old 08-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Letters on KeyPad

The last poster is completely right! I love my new N97 and also the 5800 I had previously but they should have the letters on the phone dialler keypad.

The reason for this is that whenever you phone a bank or like me today "Orange" the automated line says enter the 1st / 2nd whatever character from your password - You then bring up the dialler leypad and there are no letters so you have to try to guess which key they are normally on.

Come on Nokia - This is something that you could add very easily!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Still not have cyrillic letters???

Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 AM

DriftNismo is on a distinguished road
If the N97 was released with kinetic scrolling, I may have been a lot more inclined to buy one, but after scrolling on the 5800XM that put me off the N97 completely (along with the interface...). It's just a shame that just because Nokia continues to get a lot of sales and make a lot of money they can release a phone lacking so many features that a lot of other cheaper phones by different manufacturers have, and the exact same happened with the iPhone with Copy & Paste and MMS :(.

Old 21-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Firmware Fails

I updated to 12.2.024, the update seemed successful but none of the new features were present, like kinetic scroll. Also, Ive lost the ability to reinstall apps that I had installed before the update - like Fring and the Facebook widget. Not only are they gone - i can't reinstall.

My Device Update screen says 12.2.024 but at the bottom it als says Latest Update, Not updated.

I've called Nokia 3 times, all three times I am told secondary support will call me back. They haven't in a week. The last time, they hung up on me after 15 minutes on hold.

I think I am going to return this phone and take my business elsewhere.

Very disappointing with Nokia product and service.

Old 22-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I updated to 12.2.024, the update seemed successful but none of the new features were present, like kinetic scroll. Also, Ive lost the ability to reinstall apps that I had installed before the update - like Fring and the Facebook widget. Not only are they gone - i can't reinstall.

My Device Update screen says 12.2.024 but at the bottom it als says Latest Update, Not updated.

I've called Nokia 3 times, all three times I am told secondary support will call me back. They haven't in a week. The last time, they hung up on me after 15 minutes on hold.

I think I am going to return this phone and take my business elsewhere.

Very disappointing with Nokia product and service.
Kinetic scrolling isn't available on v12! With your other issues, try a hard reset.
Ads

Old 27-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Its out N97 FW 2.0

I just tried an update and its out.
Approx 133 mg

Old 10-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Is the renaming ability of pictures in gallery provided in new firmware?

In n97 you cannot rename a picture in the gallery.

Well it seems that it has been renamed when you edit the description - but if you send the renamed picture to any other device by blue tooth or cable - the new name no longer persists and reverts back to the old name.

Is this issue resolved in 2.0 firmware?

Old 24-11-2009, 05:43 PM

rojerfredrar is on a distinguished road
Hello Slitchfield.
I read your article it is too good I hope you will post more and more in future.
Thanks.