All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-07-2008, 03:59 PM

henkc is on a distinguished road
Sports Tracker Question

I have a problem using Sports Tracker on an N82. Everything works fine until I open the lens cover to take a photo. The camera starts, takes the photo and saves/links it to the Sports Tracker track. When I return to Sports Tracker, the logging seems to freeze at the point where the camera was started, with only the time carrying on logging. Am I doing something wrong?

Old 14-08-2008, 02:52 PM

surfshag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkc View Post
I have a problem using Sports Tracker on an N82. Everything works fine until I open the lens cover to take a photo. The camera starts, takes the photo and saves/links it to the Sports Tracker track. When I return to Sports Tracker, the logging seems to freeze at the point where the camera was started, with only the time carrying on logging. Am I doing something wrong?
Hi mate Dont know what you could do wrong. It works great on my N82.
it might be worth removing and reinstalling the software and make sure its up to date.

Gary
Ads

Old 18-08-2008, 01:46 AM

mail@richard-in is on a distinguished road
Hi henck

I had a problem (as have others) with Sports Tracker freezing (with timer still running, but no other data). It turned out that it was because the access point was set to my home wifi network. I presume Sports Tracker was attempting to find the access point, which it obviously couldn't do whilst away from home. The same problem will occur if the access point is set to anything else (such as my mobile phone providers web service), other than "none". The answer is to set the access point to none. (I then have to change it when uploading the workouts to the web service, but just have to remember to reset it to none before my next workout).

Now, I don't know about your particular situation, but my guess is that your phone is trying to upload the associated photos to the web service, and when not finding the access point, is freezing. I would therefore set the access point to "none" in the general settings, and in the options for workouts, set "live sharing" to "no".

When I take photos en route, the camera is set to "Record Location" "on", this automatically gps tags photos. When I have finished the workout and upload the workout to the web, it asks me if I want to find associated media, which I do, it then finds the photos and uploads them. I don't actually have to do anything for each photo as I take it.

So, set your access point to none, and try the other things I have suggested - let me know if it works.

Old 24-03-2009, 12:15 AM

srizvi1 is on a distinguished road
Sports Tracker Questions on pictures, live sharing link, and GPS/location info

oh cool you can take pictures along the way? I didn't know that. I knew that after you could upload media from the website. Next time I'm going bike riding, I'll snap some pictures w/ my Nokia (currently an N79 but I hate this phone - hoping to get either a N95 8gb or a E66)

I have some other Sports tracker questions and comments:

1) right before I start my workout, Sports Tracker's "live sharing" asks me if I want to share my info w/ anyone? I select yes - at that point, what link could I send to people so that they could watch me online if they choose.

2) I've said "share with everybody" the first two times I've gone cycling with this app, but thinking about it again, I'm not comfortable sharing the actual gps/location info with everyone - just my friends. The actual workout details other than gps/location I'd like to keep public for anyone to view. Any thoughts on if this is possible?

This isn't for all my workouts. if I was ever somewhere else away from home, I'd like to share the GPS/location info. Just not on workouts originating from/to my house.