All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-01-2008, 10:47 PM

floatlite is on a distinguished road
W960 album art?

Slight problem with my W960, anyone any advice?

Tried syncing with both WMP, and SE Media Manager.

With both all the music and the track ID tags all transfer fine, but no album art.

In the WMP and Media Manager, all the art work is there fine.

Anyone?

Cheers

David
Ads

Old 27-01-2008, 09:15 PM

SONICJIM is on a distinguished road
I include album art in the folder of the album which works, but i also use tag&rename to sort my music collection, and it has the facility to emnbed the album art in the file.

Old 28-07-2008, 12:12 PM

Bananas is on a distinguished road
Smile Hope this helps

I had the same problem with my phone. I thought there was something wrong with the w960. After doing some research and working on it for 2 days the answer became clear...the album art is not probably showing because the picture is not embedded into the mp3. You might say, but in the computer the album art is there. It is but if it does not show in the walkman it probably means it is not embedded.

So, how do you embed it? First of all, IŽm using Linux OS. Not sure which platform youŽre using. If youŕe using windows, I heard Media Monkey is a good program to embed the pictures into your mp3s. I used Amarok for Linux. If youŽre using the same platform as I am, youŽll have to download and install the script EmbedCover. I am just a beginner with Linux so it took me ages to understand scripts and how to install them. Not sure what Macs use but I am sure you can find a similar program, just search it in Google.

Yea but bottom line is the album art has to be embedded, if not, it simply will not work.

Even if you have embedded and updated all your files and the photos still do not show, try deleting the files from your phone, update your music, then transfer again and then update.

Hope this helps. I am just happy I fixed mine and now I can enjoy the album art on my phone

Old 07-09-2008, 06:15 PM

cirrus is on a distinguished road
FWIW Apple iTunes can embed album art into the music files. I've used it for my art collection and the album art displays fine on my W960 (and FWIW, on various Nokia S60 devices too).
There are some instructions on One Tip a Day. I've found that you can also drag'n'drop your image files directly into the album art box at the bottom-left of iTunes to set it for currently selected tracks.