All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-11-2007, 08:50 PM

FontaineBleu is on a distinguished road
Five Most Popular FREE PUSH EMAIL Applications for N95 and N73

I have tried dozens of FREE Push Email applications on my N95 and N73, and hope to share my experiences and hear from others if there are better ones.

Emoze: It works Windows Mobile or Symbian devices. It used to require set up of a desktop agent software, now offers a solution without the PC based connector using the Emoze Global Gateway “OWA”. Also offers support for address book and calendar access. www.emoze.com

Morange: Singapore based Morange provides a Java based solution. It also offers Windows mobile version for Push Email solution. Latest version (I just tried several days ago) supports Hotmail, Yahoo, and MSN mail. Morange also Offers a plethora of features other than push email, like IM, RSS, VOIP, SMS, Social Network. www.morange.com

Flurry: Flurry is one of popular mobile email applications. Supports java enabled devices and claims that it has users in 200+ countries. Offers a free solution.www.flurry.com

Consilient: Offers solution for a variety of Java enabled and Smart phone. The free service is added supported. A list of supported devices is provided here http://www.consilient.com/help/phones/

Movamail: Movamail supports a wide range of java enabled devices and additionally offers a browser (XHTML) based client software. Like flurry they claim users in over 200 countries. Offers some nifty features like camera phone support and compression.

Old 19-11-2007, 04:15 PM

jorang is on a distinguished road
Have you tried Nokia's "Mail for Exchange"?

MfE is also free and has push ability implemented...

Old 19-11-2007, 10:12 PM

doktorzee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorang View Post
Have you tried Nokia's "Mail for Exchange"?

MfE is also free and has push ability implemented...
Where does one get "Mail for Exchange"?

Old 20-11-2007, 04:14 AM

jinx405 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doktorzee View Post
Where does one get "Mail for Exchange"?
alright i was gonna tell you to check in the download! folder of your n95, but i just checked it myself and its not there anymore! it has either been moved somewhere else, or you have to download manually through your computer.

i found the link on the AAS homepage.. instructions to install are in this link, and its easy as pie ;D

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/..._21_is_out.php

Old 01-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
yeah, MfE is certainly a good option, and Ive tried them all... dont leave it on full time though as it (and the others) pull on the battery life a lot.